6.5 PRC Muzzle Brake

Heathc

Hey guys brand new here. I just got my 10 year old a Seekins PH2 in 6.5 PRC and I'm trying to decide on a muzzle brake for him. I'd like to keep the same barrel taper but a self timing one would be fine. Any advice or input would surely be appreciated.
Heath

If you are trying to keep the weight down, look at the titanium 2 piece from muzzle brakes and more. They are very effective and also have a stainless brake if weight is not an issue.

Last edited:
I have 2 of Nathan's brakes (Muzzle Brakes and More). One on a 6.5 Creed and the other on a .300 Weatherby. Great recoil reduction. Creed is now about a .243 and the .300 Weatherby about like a .270. They are however, VERY LOUD. When shooting multiple rounds, even on the Creedmoor I have to double plug.

Has anyone though of using a linear break vs the muzzle break? Is it because of the recoil? The linear break help with muzzle jump and it directs the sound away from the shooter but it doesn't help with recoil.

I could tell a considerable difference between the Christensen radial break vs. the Precision Rifles self timing muscle break. I was able to follow the shot with the muscle break.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.