6.5 PRC Load

We got a bunch of Bertram brass a couple years ago. It has worked well. I heard that they are having trouble getting it out of Australia now.

Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

Is $2 a case to much? Looking for opinions

Looking to load RL26, Berger 140 VLD, in Nosler, Hornady, or Lapua cases.
In these days of shortages, you have to use what's available - in fact, you are lucky if you can find anything. So, anything you CAN find will be "expensive". $3.50 to $4.00 for a loaded cartridge sounds a little high even now, but that total includes your initial expenditure for your cases - you start saving as you reuse those cases. In spite of all that you are still saving by reloading as opposed to buying factory loads - but you can't find them, either! LOL
I have had good accuracy with my 6.5 PRC using RL26 and IMR 7977 with Hornady EDX 143 gr. and Barnes LRX 127 gr. bullets. Hornady brass has been working just fine for me, but, again, there's not much choice - if it's on the shelf, buy it RIGHT NOW!
Good luck!

In these days of shortages, you have to use what's available - in fact, you are lucky if you can find anything. So, anything you CAN find will be "expensive". $3.50 to $4.00 for a loaded cartridge sounds a little high even now, but that total includes your initial expenditure for your cases - you start saving as you reuse those cases. In spite of all that you are still saving by reloading as opposed to buying factory loads - but you can't find them, either! LOL
I have had good accuracy with my 6.5 PRC using RL26 and IMR 7977 with Hornady EDX 143 gr. and Barnes LRX 127 gr. bullets. Hornady brass has been working just fine for me, but, again, there's not much choice - if it's on the shelf, buy it RIGHT NOW!
Good luck!
Exactly.I bought $1000.00 worth of Hornady Match 147gr 6.5 PRC during the peak of covid.It took3 of my family to get it done because of ammo limits. But I gotit.
Is Hornady brass thebest? No.But it's all I could get.I can't shoot and reload If I don't havethe brass.And the Hornady ammo shouts pretty **** good too

Ive got Hornady and ADG. I broke my gun in and hunted with the Hornady this year because it was shooting so **** well. Not sure about longevity yet. But had a factory Christensen shooting sub half MOA. Ill save the ADG for now.

ADG should be producing some again in late first, or maybe 2nd qtr. Last batch was late November. They typically run it 2 or 3x per year.

I just resized 50 rounds of hornady brass 6.5 prc. I've shot them 5 times each. Primer pockets are good. I keep using them.....got to . I have 3 6.5prc...I wouldn't be afraid to hornady brass

Ive been using Hornady Brass a couple to3 years..One reason I had a lot of new ammo and times were hard with Covid and Biden..
I've not had any problems with Hornady Brass thus far.

Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

Is $2 a case to much? Looking for opinions

Looking to load RL26, Berger 140 VLD, in Nosler, Hornady, or Lapua cases.
Optics Planet and others have PRC brass in stock. It's not cheap but it's available.

Don't load it hot and it's going to last you 10-15 loads or more. Load it hot and it's probably going to last 10 or fewer loadings.

The savings in reloading comes from being able to reuse the same case over and over but yes it can be expensive starting out with new brass for that first loading. That cost goes down per round though with each successive time you're able to reload the same piece of brass.