6.5 PRC Load

50-80 cents per bullet
5-10 cents per primer
40-50 cents per case for powder
20 cents per case based on 10 reloads.
1.15-1.60 for me, depending on when I bought what parts. So round up to 2.00 per round for giggles for most people today.

Last edited:
Where do you all recommend looking for brass? I've been watching gun broker. All the retailers seem to be out.

Hope this helps.

PH

Starline Brass,Lapua and ADG Brass is the best choices.
I use Hornady Brass for about 3 reloads only because I was given $1200 of Hornady Match Ammo in 6.5 PRC abd $1500. Of 300 PRC Hornady Match 225gr.
So I use what I have for a while.

Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

Is $2 a case to much? Looking for opinions

Looking to load RL26, Berger 140 VLD, in Nosler, Hornady, or Lapua cases.
NOSLER LOAD DATA 6.5 PRC

Attachments

• 6.5-PRC-140gr-version-9-0.jpg
    6.5-PRC-140gr-version-9-0.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 110
Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

6.5 PRC BRASS

Hey,

Ya. Outrageous!
I bought my ammo a couple years ago when prices were normal.

Hey,

MAY HAVE LUCK HERE:

I an using 6.5 PRC ADG brass and love it. I would expect Lapua brass to be very good too, thats all I have used for my 338 LM, and I load it pretty stout too. I load my PRC at about max, per Bergers recommendation for 156 EOL's with 64.0 grains of Vihtavouri N570, however my chamber is throated deeper than spec, and I have a gain twist 5R barrel that help reduce the initial pressure spike. Lots of variables go into choosing a load. Be safe and work up from suggested starting loads. You can call Berger and ask about loads and powders for their bullets.

Brass is the biggest issue for the prc. Lapua and adg are the only ones worth buying.
I'm well stocked on Lapua now, but before it came out I used Norma, ADG, & Nosler. All good brass in my opinion. Norma has made brass for Lapua to put thier name on it. Older Lapua belted mags were actually made by Norma.