6.5 PRC Load

LocalJW

Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

Is $2 a case to much? Looking for opinions

Looking to load RL26, Berger 140 VLD, in Nosler, Hornady, or Lapua cases.

Where do you all recommend looking for brass? I've been watching gun broker. All the retailers seem to be out.

Sadly this is true. It's almost worth buying items in high demand as they come up just to trade with. I'll probably get flamed here but I do it all the time. It works.
I do also but not too much. Sometimes I just sell it outright to my fellow reloaders. Otherwise, the gougers get it and it's on GB. Still hard to find or buy before it's gone.

Hey,

I'm looking into starting loads for my 6.5 prc. How much are you all building loads for? I'm trying to purchase brass and peices but it's coming out to almost 3.50 or 4.00 a bullet after all done.

Is $2 a case to much? Looking for opinions

Looking to load RL26, Berger 140 VLD, in Nosler, Hornady, or Lapua cases.
Honestly, I've never priced it out. I don't look at gas pump prices either. I need fuel for business regardless of cost. Shooting and rifles is my hobby and would go insane without them. It is what it is and cost isn't going to stop me so I don't care.

A few powders that work well:
H1000
H4831
RETUMBO
RL25, 26
N565

Some will give you higher velocities than others. Some will make it easier to tune. Some will offer low ES/SD numbers. Some will minimize copper fouling. Some will be more temp stable than others. It's hard to find a perfect powder but these all have good characteristics in the 6.5PRC

140-156 are good choices in the 6.5 PRC. My preferences are 147ELDM, 150ABLR, 156EOL. These are heavy for caliber and well suited for the potential of this case design.

Data? There's lots of data available for free if you search. Nosler, Hodgdon and Alliant have free data online. Hornady has electronic data for .99$ per cartridge.

I do also but not too much. Sometimes I just sell it outright to my fellow reloaders. Otherwise, the gougers get it and it's on GB. Still hard to find or buy before it's gone.
I also sell to other shooters if they're looking. I don't gouge them either. Do good and good comes around. I've had guys sell me stuff too I needed without gouging me either.

Sorry for the highjack!!