6.5 PRC load question

Ok, so I have been reloading since I could reach the handle on the press. Not precision reloading, reloading to save money and load better bullets.
Fast forward, I am 50yrs old, my kids are out of the house and I have officially jumped in to the deep end of the pool of learning precision reloading over the last 4ish years. I have learned a ton from the good members on this site.
My question surrounds max loads and pressure signs. I have a Proof MTR in 6.5 PRC. During break in, load development and now dialing in my load this gun is shooting sub .5 moa groups in my local underground 100yd range.
I ran a ladder test for velocity and to look for pressure signs in the underground range (roughly 62 degrees) being it has been -30 in ND for the last month. No visible pressure.
Loading ADG brass
GM210M primers
156 Bergers
56.8 gr of RL26.
This loaded is running 3030fps per my magnetospeed with an SD of 2.4. Crazy good. My brass shows no extractor marks, primers look good and the bolt lifts with no resistance.

Should I be concerned shooting this large of a load when summer temps are in the 80s? With no good published load data I am looking for advice or input on this load.

Thanks in advance.
I'm shooting custom 6.5 PRC. ADG brass, Fed GM210M primers, 156 EOLs, 57.8 RL-26, 3103 fps by LabRadar at 65 F in Mountain Home, AR. I have zero signs of pressure and have went up to 58.4 gr @ 3140 fps. I've never seen pressure. I have some loaded to find pressure though I will probably stay at 57.8 grains as my SDs & ESs are almost to low to believe.

if concerns when your temps rise just load 3 each working up to where you are now. I am shooting these loads in a custom built around an XM action that is also custom throated for the 156 EOLs. I never have to place bullet bearing surface below the case neck/shoulder junction. If you are shooting a SA you are placing a lot of bullet bearing surface beneath that junction. That could make you & I see diff pressures. Hope this info helps! Stay warm...

Oddly enough just about the same as OP, but 59.0 yields 3200+ with 140s and they shoot just as well
Squatch, Longtine, and Mtntrax: how far off the lands are you seating your bullets? I've had good results with MRP and ELD-X 143 grains from my 6.5 PRC. I want to try Bergers and RL-26, when I find some of the powder.

Hey APR is Making me one to in the Apex hunter can't wait, hows the recoil in the 6.5 prc??
My first truley custom gun I cant wait!!

I have been running 56.5 grains of RL 26 over a 143 gr ELD-X in all conditions out of a CA MPR with no issues at 3070 fps. I know the bullet weight differs but...
Farel: good info, as I'm also shooting the ELD-X 143 grain from my Gunwerks 20", through the GW brake: negligible recoil. I can shoot 40 rounds and have zero soreness.
BTW: I see this is your first post on LRH. Welcome and keep chiming in.

Hey APR is Making me one to in the Apex hunter can't wait, hows the recoil in the 6.5 prc??
My first truley custom gun I cant wait!!
It's funny...Alamo has a 6.5prc listed in their "rifles ready to ship" section. It's the exact same list of components as my new build that was just finished and delivered yesterday....Defiance Anti, Proof Sendero light 24", TT trigger, McMillan stock (mine is the Apex Hunter). APR has theirs listed for $3990 I believe, which is not a price I would expect to see a build like that going for. I paid more to say the least....although I did get some services and products thrown in that make the cost of the bare rifle kinda hard to specify.
I have an APR action on my .280ai and couldn't be more impressed. I'm fairly loyal to one particular builder (McWhorter), as they have never let me down, but I would have a lot of confidence using APR.
Lastly, my build is 6lbs 5oz, and the recoil with 140gr Berger Elites (w/ 57gr of R26) is very light....a non issue for me, and I've grown to dislike excessive recoil. If I don't want to shoot and practice with a rifle, I won't have the confidence needed when I have to make a tough shot.

I'm shooting custom 6.5 PRC. ADG brass, Fed GM210M primers, 156 EOLs, 57.8 RL-26, 3103 fps by LabRadar at 65 F in Mountain Home, AR. I have zero signs of pressure and have went up to 58.4 gr @ 3140 fps. I've never seen pressure. I have some loaded to find pressure though I will probably stay at 57.8 grains as my SDs & ESs are almost to low to believe.

if concerns when your temps rise just load 3 each working up to where you are now. I am shooting these loads in a custom built around an XM action that is also custom throated for the 156 EOLs. I never have to place bullet bearing surface below the case neck/shoulder junction. If you are shooting a SA you are placing a lot of bullet bearing surface beneath that junction. That could make you & I see diff pressures. Hope this info helps! Stay warm...
That is super helpful data! What barrel length are you shooting?

It's funny...Alamo has a 6.5prc listed in their "rifles ready to ship" section. It's the exact same list of components as my new build that was just finished and delivered yesterday....Defiance Anti, Proof Sendero light 24", TT trigger, McMillan stock (mine is the Apex Hunter). APR has theirs listed for $3990 I believe, which is not a price I would expect to see a build like that going for. I paid more to say the least....although I did get some services and products thrown in that make the cost of the bare rifle kinda hard to specify.
I have an APR action on my .280ai and couldn't be more impressed. I'm fairly loyal to one particular builder (McWhorter), as they have never let me down, but I would have a lot of confidence using APR.
Lastly, my build is 6lbs 5oz, and the recoil with 140gr Berger Elites (w/ 57gr of R26) is very light....a non issue for me, and I've grown to dislike excessive recoil. If I don't want to shoot and practice with a rifle, I won't have the confidence needed when I have to make a tough shot.
That's great to hear, does yours have the fusion ti action? They say they got my barrel and action in just waiting for the ag composite stock to get in. When did you place your order?

AkBirder300, I need to share some more info with you since we are using the same exact components. This relates to your question on temp with your RL-26 loads. I zer a scope w/ 57 gr and the shot 3 groups at 58.4 grs. It was quite a bit warmer this weekend. I had very hard bolt lift & ejector marks. They were loaded at a slight jam into the lands. Its enough for me to think it would be a good idea to test in increments working up to your cold weather load once your weather warms.
Another thing, at 57 grs which is low I had 3070 fps. At 58.4 with pressure I only had +/- 3170 . Measured with LabRadar. i think our gains start diminishing ~ 57.8 grs. At 57.8 I'm pushing the 156 EOLs ~ 3130 with no pressure signs

AkBirder300, I need to share some more info with you since we are using the same exact components. This relates to your question on temp with your RL-26 loads. I zer a scope w/ 57 gr and the shot 3 groups at 58.4 grs. It was quite a bit warmer this weekend. I had very hard bolt lift & ejector marks. They were loaded at a slight jam into the lands. Its enough for me to think it would be a good idea to test in increments working up to your cold weather load once your weather warms.
Another thing, at 57 grs which is low I had 3070 fps. At 58.4 with pressure I only had +/- 3170 . Measured with LabRadar. i think our gains start diminishing ~ 57.8 grs. At 57.8 I'm pushing the 156 EOLs ~ 3130 with no pressure signs
Wow! Thank you for the heads up, I really thought that RL 26 was more resistant to temperature fluctuations. How many degrees would you estimate it has changed since your initial load development?

Wow! Thank you for the heads up, I really thought that RL 26 was more resistant to temperature fluctuations. How many degrees would you estimate it has changed since your initial load development?
Probably ~ 30 degrees F. I also had these at a jam. Just thought I would pass on to you. I think I am running a full grain ahead of you at max. If I remember correctly I'm running over 3100 at 57.8. That will my next load, but 58.4 is definitely to hot in my gun. Note: There were no component changes. Primers, etc

That's great to hear, does yours have the fusion ti action? They say they got my barrel and action in just waiting for the ag composite stock to get in. When did you place your order?
Not sure if you were replying to my post or someone else's....but I'll chime in regardless. Alamo didn't build my 6.5, McWhorter did mine. Alamo has a 6.5 listed on their site with same components as mine, but at quite a bit less $$.
Both rifles (theirs and mine) used a Defiance AnTi action, proof barrel, TT trigger, and McMillan stock....the only difference is the brake and finish on the stock.
I have another rifle that was built with one of Alamo's proprietary actions, the original APR Hunter, and I couldn't be any more impressed. It's every bit as smooth as other actions that cost $300-500 more.
Let's hope Alamo doesn't suddenly realize how superior their pricing is, and raise margins across the board.
I hope u hit what you're aiming for...take care.

I've probably already answered and just didn't see it. If so, my apologies.
I did get into pressure once summer arrived. I'm on the AR/MO line. I'm not in my shop & don't not sure where I back off to. I think it was 57.0 at 3050 +/-. 26" Bartlein barrel.
A new custom 6.5 PRC from GAP has arrived since my 1st post. It has a 24" Bartlein CF barrel. With RL-26 I'm losing about 50 fps/inch

I've probably already answered and just didn't see it. If so, my apologies.
I did get into pressure once summer arrived. I'm on the AR/MO line. I'm not in my shop & don't not sure where I back off to. I think it was 57.0 at 3050 +/-. 26" Bartlein barrel.
A new custom 6.5 PRC from GAP has arrived since my 1st post. It has a 24" Bartlein CF barrel. With RL-26 I'm losing about 50 fps/inch
Thanks a lot Lynn, I appreciate it. I am shooting a proof 20" so I'm thinking 2850 would probably be around my max velocity. I have a very small quantity of RL26 unfortunately, it has been really hard to find in Anchorage for a while.