6.5 PRC load question

Squatch

Ok, so I have been reloading since I could reach the handle on the press. Not precision reloading, reloading to save money and load better bullets.
Fast forward, I am 50yrs old, my kids are out of the house and I have officially jumped in to the deep end of the pool of learning precision reloading over the last 4ish years. I have learned a ton from the good members on this site.
My question surrounds max loads and pressure signs. I have a Proof MTR in 6.5 PRC. During break in, load development and now dialing in my load this gun is shooting sub .5 moa groups in my local underground 100yd range.
I ran a ladder test for velocity and to look for pressure signs in the underground range (roughly 62 degrees) being it has been -30 in ND for the last month. No visible pressure.
Loading ADG brass
GM210M primers
156 Bergers
56.8 gr of RL26.
This loaded is running 3030fps per my magnetospeed with an SD of 2.4. Crazy good. My brass shows no extractor marks, primers look good and the bolt lifts with no resistance.

Should I be concerned shooting this large of a load when summer temps are in the 80s? With no good published load data I am looking for advice or input on this load.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry should have added the pics before I posted the questions.

Attachments

• 20210302_190843.jpg
    20210302_190843.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • 20210302_190627.jpg
    20210302_190627.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
I had pressure and velocity spikes with RL26 above 85 degrees here in So.TX it was even worse when temps got above 90.

To save further load development, I would load up about 15 or so and go shoot it at 600 yards. Shoot 3 - 5 shot groups and see if they hold true. If they do then consider yourself lucky. I'm guessing this is a hunting rifle and your not going to be shooting much in above 80 degree temps. Unfortunately here in texas especially south it can be 30 degrees in December or 80 degrees.

If you want to be certain about shooting it when the temps warm up then load up some singles from the point your at now and see what the velocity does with each and what the pressure does with each one. If you have a whole grain more of room to pressure then you are lucky. Just be careful in the summer and try it when the temps gets up if you decided not to explore any more.

Ok, so I have been reloading since I could reach the handle on the press. Not precision reloading, reloading to save money and load better bullets.
Fast forward, I am 50yrs old, my kids are out of the house and I have officially jumped in to the deep end of the pool of learning precision reloading over the last 4ish years. I have learned a ton from the good members on this site.
My question surrounds max loads and pressure signs. I have a Proof MTR in 6.5 PRC. During break in, load development and now dialing in my load this gun is shooting sub .5 moa groups in my local underground 100yd range.
I ran a ladder test for velocity and to look for pressure signs in the underground range (roughly 62 degrees) being it has been -30 in ND for the last month. No visible pressure.
Loading ADG brass
GM210M primers
156 Bergers
56.8 gr of RL26.
This loaded is running 3030fps per my magnetospeed with an SD of 2.4. Crazy good. My brass shows no extractor marks, primers look good and the bolt lifts with no resistance.

Should I be concerned shooting this large of a load when summer temps are in the 80s? With no good published load data I am looking for advice or input on this load.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry I don't have much advice on the pressure changes as I live up in the northwest and its rarely above 70 when we shoot. Sounds like the exact load I am trying to get too with my setup. Would love to hear more on how the performance holds up for this load. Thanks for sharing.

Hey APR is Making me one to in the Apex hunter can't wait, hows the recoil in the 6.5 prc??
My first truley custom gun I cant wait!!

From what Berger told me over the phone you're exactly 1 gr. Under their max. Since you're doing load development at 60 degrees and hunting at 80 in the summer I would not be very concerned. If you were testing loads at -30 and then hunting at 80 I think it would warrant more caution, but 20 degrees is not enough to make me re-test a load.

From what Berger told me over the phone you're exactly 1 gr. Under their max. Since you're doing load development at 60 degrees and hunting at 80 in the summer I would not be very concerned. If you were testing loads at -30 and then hunting at 80 I think it would warrant more caution, but 20 degrees is not enough to make me re-test a load.
That is great to hear. Thank you