6.5 prc enough gun for elk

According to this article, the 6,5 Creed is one of the BEST cartridges for elk hunting. That should clear up any questions regarding the 6.5PRC's qualifications for killing elk. LMAO

I will be using my 6.5 PRC this year for my cow elk hunt.

EDIT: shots will be under 300 yards most likely.

Now, it's bullet selection -

140 Berger Elite Hunter (.5 MOA)
140 Sierra Tipped Game King (.4 MOA)
143 Hornady ELD-X (.5 MOA)

The STGK's do shoot a hair better.

What would you guys choose out of those 3?
Any. Seriously, can't go wrong at those ranges with those bullets. I'd go with the Eld-x, but that's only because of got firsthand experience with them.

Hunting is a variable endeavor, everytime you're in the field. Give yourself the advantage...closer shots, for easier hits, and bullets do not run out of energy, especially light bullets and smaller calibers, where they will kill pretty well, is close range. I used a 7 mag, it killed elk, but was never impressive, with any bulllet I tried, at the close range engagemens in pole thickets, and my hunting style. The 338 mag was more impressive for my style of hunting 250 to 275 gr bullets was my natural go to with a 2-7 X heavy duplex scope in dark thick timber. And your benchrest range group won't matter much in the timber, inside 100 yds,... Can you shoot fast off hand, and hit the target? They seemed easier to kill if not spooked on an adrenaline rush and they know you're trying to kill them,.. like waiting in ambush in a feeding area, rather than all out pursuit, my style in younger years. ...Exercise... shoot rabbits and squirrels off hand, with your big game rifle..exercise & shooting, fun combined.

Look at the terminal ballistics for the bullet you're using. If the manufacturer says minimum velocity for expansion is 1800 fps, then find that range in your ballistics. Then look at the energy. I prefer twice the energy of the average weight of the animal. If an average for an elk is 600 lbs., then I want at least 1200 lbs of energy. Find that on your ballistics. Between those two, that would give you your max yardage. I'm guessing the max range is around 600 for a 6.5. That's assuming you do your part and put the rock in the hole! Anything under that max, you should be fine.

Look at the terminal ballistics for the bullet you're using. If the manufacturer says minimum velocity for expansion is 1800 fps, then find that range in your ballistics. Then look at the energy. I prefer twice the energy of the average weight of the animal. If an average for an elk is 600 lbs., then I want at least 1200 lbs of energy. Find that on your ballistics. Between those two, that would give you your max yardage. I'm guessing the max range is around 600 for a 6.5. That's assuming you do your part and put the rock in the hole! Anything under that max, you should be fine.
156gr Bergers from a PRC maintain 1,500 ft lbs out to 750yds. If 1,200 ft lbs is all you need, you're good to 900yds.
With your box ammo 143gr ELD-X your mileage is a tad lower, but probably still plenty of medicine at 700yds.