6.5 PRC Discussion

Question is will you experience "clickers" after the chamber mod you did. Let me know. Want to mod mine. I'll drive to PHX to make it happen. I know my chamber is tight after what I experienced today. Some I know though are running Hornady and 6x through they have no clickers. Curious about what Lapua shows and what my Peterson will reveal.

Jgs8163 - I sent you a PM. Besides the reaming, I believe the ADG brass and 210 primers helped alleviate that super early pressure. And like some other members mentioned, H1000 wasn't the best powder for this particular rifle.

Jgs8163 - I sent you a PM. Besides the reaming, I believe the ADG brass and 210 primers helped alleviate that super early pressure. And like some other members mentioned, H1000 wasn't the best powder for this particular rifle.
Most clickers are with ADG only. After 3rd-4th firing. Mine started today on 4th firing.

Ya know, after everything invested into this 6.5PRC I am a little disappointed to say the least. All the issues with the clickers, chamber mods, customs dies, etc… I can run a 144 in my 6.5 Creedmoor about 50 FPS slower, I can run it right there or faster in my 6.5-284. I really feel now I should've gone with a 6.5 SAUM/GAP. Anyways…. Not complaining just a observation.

I bought my son a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. It took about 150 rounds for it to settle in/ dial it in. It now shoots 143 ELDX into a out 1/2" at approx 3000 fps and 127 LRXs into 3/4" at 3140 fps. H1000 was the ticket.

I then bought a CA BA Tac in 6.5 PRC. I'm still working it out. So far it now quotes as consistent as the Ridgeline. The BA seems to like a jam. Here is an example from it but a little sticky.

PS Hornady brass was all I could get.

Attachments

• 86465732-1872-4F61-8587-6B1A33F45088.jpeg
    86465732-1872-4F61-8587-6B1A33F45088.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 67
Like most everyone else I prefer premium brass when I can get it. When I bought my 6.5 PRC rifle I hadn't noticed that premium brass was unavailable. I've been on ADG's wish list for more then 6 months and have a pre-paid order with EuroOptics for some Lapua brass but neither has produced any brass.

With that said, the plain-jane Hornady brass has produced many sub .5moa groups at 400yds, where I do most of my load work up. I've also had no trouble getting 7 reloads from the brass. I stop at 7x because I do not anneal but "most" of the primer pockets are still reasonably tight.

Just breaking in a Weatherby Vanguard accuguard in 6.5prc. Given the limited reloading offerings, I compared Hornady off the shelf 147gn ELD match and 143gn Precision Hunter ELDX. The match ammo grouped poorly and the Precision Hunters grouped to .75moa. My first try at laddering handloads using 120gn Barnes TTSX and IMR7828ssc was so so. My 53.7gn load showed some promise but I have some 123gn SSTs to try next round.

I have a 6.5 PRC and load Hammer Hunter Bullets. Order them on-line and you will have them within a week. I use RL26 and seating depth doesn't seem to matter. Easy to develop a load. I get between 1/4 and 1/2 moa loading 137gr HH @ 3210 and I could load faster. The 124 HH is my favorite, 1/4 moa @ 3300 and again I could load faster. The best I could get with Nosler and Berger was .75 on a good day...
What twist barrel are you running the 137's in??

hi All new to the site.... a few questions for all you PRC lovers
i built a custom prc on a defiance deviant action with carbon six barrel 1-8 twist 22" she shoots amazing and not even fully broke in yet

im going to be reloading for her.

so far the break in rounds have been Hornady EDL match and ELD x and the accuracy is pretty dam good.

but i have ELD x bullets in 143 gr for hunting

and for targets eld match in 147 and 140

ADG brass

a variety until i find that sweet spot

primers im good on

the questions are for powders i finally found 1 lb of retumbo today.... 12 months looking

but i have vitavouri in N555 which is a Creedmoor powder... i thought it would work
also have some N570

what do you all think and which way would you all lean ...starting point?

thanks all

hi All new to the site.... a few questions for all you PRC lovers
i built a custom prc on a defiance deviant action with carbon six barrel 1-8 twist 22" she shoots amazing and not even fully broke in yet

im going to be reloading for her.

so far the break in rounds have been Hornady EDL match and ELD x and the accuracy is pretty dam good.

but i have ELD x bullets in 143 gr for hunting

and for targets eld match in 147 and 140

ADG brass

a variety until i find that sweet spot

primers im good on

the questions are for powders i finally found 1 lb of retumbo today.... 12 months looking

but i have vitavouri in N555 which is a Creedmoor powder... i thought it would work
also have some N570

what do you all think and which way would you all lean ...starting point?

thanks all
I'd use the 570. It's going to perform like IMR8133 or Retumbo. The 555 is faster and you will hit pressure early causing you load densities to low, which is never good. Better to have that case full or even processed for shot to shot consistency. I have an 8133 compressed load that shoots great.

Allen, what is your load data, if you don't mind sharing, I have a great load for the 131 HH if you are interested.
Sorry for the delay on this answer. I am using ADG brass, FED 210M Primers, 60 grains of RL 26 and seating to 2.975 OAL. Getting 3393 FPS at .5 MOA Groups. The load is hot, getting some marks on the headstamp but no heavy bolt lift or anything like that. Havent tried a secon loading on them yet so hopefully no brass damage. I need to back it down but I loaded up 50 and they shoot **** good and they knock the **** right out of the Antelope and Deer I have taken with them so I figure when I shoot all of them I will back off a couple of grains and work back up.