• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5 PRC, Defiance, McMillan Adj GameWarden, Bartlein

Liddy

Phoenix Custom Rifles built 6.5 PRC, 197 rounds down the tube, The rifle currently has a Zeiss V4 6-24X50 scope mounted, can be sold with or without scope and rings. Rifle weight with scope is right at 10 1/2 LBS.
Factory Hornady 147 ELDM, once and twice fired brass included, details listed below.

$4,000 with Zeiss V4 6-24X50 ZMOA-1 (Reticle 93)
$3,200 No scope or rings

- Defiance Deviant "GA Hunter"
- McMillan Game Warden Adjustable stock
- 24" Bartlein #13 Rem/Varm Sprial Flued Barrel
- Hawkins Precision DBM Bottom Metal
- Hawkins Precision Three Port Muzzle Brake
- Trigger Tech Primary Trigger Set @ 2 LBS
- Seekins Precision Scope Rings
- Flatline Ops Scope Level
- Accurate WSM 3 Round Magazine
- 100 Once Fired Hornady Brass
- 50 Twice Fired Hornady Brass
- 50 Hornady 147 ELDM Factory Ammunition

*BIPOD NOT INCLUDED*

Price is "SHIPPED" and insured from my FFL to your FFL in a hard case. Rifle and ammo will ship separately.

Method of payment would be personal check or USPS money order, rifle would be held until check cleared.

The rifle is a shooter, all shot cards I have are with the factory 147 ELDM ammunition.

Liddy
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg
IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg

Last edited:
Those look to be 3/4 moa or a tad more on 228 and 229 is over 1 moa with that little flyer? What shot # was the low one

Those look to be 3/4 moa or a tad more on 228 and 229 is over 1 moa with that little flyer? What shot # was the low one
I did not number the shots, I was burning factory 147 ELDM loads for barrel break in and getting brass ready for hand loads. The day I shot these it was very windy, the target was swinging a little and I was hitting the target at the bottom of the swing. It was definitely not the best day for groups, I just wanted to chrono and get ES and SD on the factory 147 ammo.

Liddy

Can you specify the group size on 228 and 229?

Kasey, you are pretty much spot on with your measurements.

All of these shots were in the middle of the day after doing barrel break in and chrono on two other 6.5 PRC rifles. It was really hot and windy when these were done. Swinging targets generally don't produce the best results. I don't throw away any of my targets, I'll check to see if I have any others that might be more indicative of what this rifle can do in normal conditions. I have had four 6.5 PRC rifles built by Phoenix Custom Rifles and they have all been extremely accurate. I built this rifle to get range time in not necessarily a hunting rifle so I have not given it much attention in regards to load development.

Liddy

BCB08301-09AD-43AD-807F-6F20712B54CA.jpeg
C33F91FE-954E-42E6-AD2C-183813894D17.jpeg

Reduced, this thing is ready to send rounds down range. Barrel break in complete, burn the last last 50 rounds of factory ammo and then start load development OR just use factory ammo.

Liddy

Recent Posts