6.5 PRC Custom Build Advice

Everyone has to be reminded the 6.5-PRC was built for one purpose and that was to fill a certain strict application for one competition (Precision Rifle Series 2012) . We are not held to these rules in any shape or form. IMO whether your action is 3.0" or 3.3" I doubt the PRC will know the difference. It would be great if the Admin would post a sticky thread for barrel kits in stock Manufacturers for rookies like me.

Elk Hunter,
That is good information, I appreciate the help. I have decided that if I want to build a 6.5 PRC it needs to be on a medium or long action.
the thing about the PRC that everyone seems to forget is that Hornady has changed their dimensions a few times!! an now rest at .188FB
you can build on a SA>>>> but you have to remember that with that throat you will have a small selection of bullets to choose from, you wont be able to chase lands at all and you will have to have at least a wyatts or the extra extended wyatts or an XM length action to use the extra FB.

Ok now that's cleared up !! for some one to say you cant throat this cartridge to say .130FB is fine but remember you will jamming bullets, i see lot of rifle builder doing this and that's asking for trouble!!

if your going to build on a short action your only reloading then do a .080" fb and call er spanky!! oh and anyone that says the bullet has to be above the neck shoulder junction to be stupid accurate is lying ... look at everyone shooting the 6.5 saum with .081" fb with hundreds if not thousands of groups in the .1's ..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.