6.5 prc.... curtis or defiance ??

My father and I had 2 6.5 PRCs built on the Defiance XM length actions. He used the Rebel and I used the Deviant Ultralight. We used the XM BDL bottom metal. They are butter smooth and the rifles both easily shoot 1/2MOA.

What stalk did you and your father choose? My build in mind is going to be Defiance XM with XM BDL bottom metal. For sure a proof barrel, but not so sure what stock to get. So many too choose from. Sometimes it gets my head spinning. If you have pictures of you and your father's rifles to share that would be awesome.

My father and I had 2 6.5 PRCs built on the Defiance XM length actions. He used the Rebel and I used the Deviant Ultralight. We used the XM BDL bottom metal. They are butter smooth and the rifles both easily shoot 1/2MOA.

vance, which magazine box did you use? I bought the XM BDL bottom metal too but the mag box is only 3.0". May have to contact Cody and see if they shipped the wrong one.

vance, which magazine box did you use? I bought the XM BDL bottom metal too but the mag box is only 3.0". May have to contact Cody and see if they shipped the wrong one.

This is interesting. Report back what you find and help all of that is taking the same road out. Thank you

What stalk did you and your father choose? My build in mind is going to be Defiance XM with XM BDL bottom metal. For sure a proof barrel, but not so sure what stock to get. So many too choose from. Sometimes it gets my head spinning. If you have pictures of you and your father's rifles to share that would be awesome.

Take a look at GRS stocks.

He chose the McMillan Game Warden and I chose a McMillan Game Hunter. Either will take a Proof Sendero. We both used the Defiance bottom metal. He added the adjustable cheek on his Game Warden. Be mindful, no matter what stock you pick, of your comb height so you can properly align your eye to the scope. The Game Hunter for example has a raised comb that allows me to align easily to my scope even though I'm using the Defiance Deviant Ultralight with the machined bases.

Thanks for the kind words guys.. there's a lot of good actions in the market today.

Terminus offers the option for those interested in the refined 3 lug action. Changes were made off the original design which have proven to have made significant advancements.

Cody replied back right away, Defiance is shipping another mag box and sent me a return label to send the shorter one back. Great customer service from Defiance!

That's awesome. I just spoke to Cody and put in an order for a Ruckas GA Hunter with the XM BDL Kit. 3-4 months with wait with nitride coating. I'll make sure to measure the mag box when I get mine in. Is your gun still in the process of getting put together?

Vance - if you hand load and don't mind, what loads are you running on both you and your fathers 6.5 PRC's?

Vance - if you hand load and don't mind, what loads are you running on both you and your fathers 6.5 PRC's?
I have 2 loads that shot the best. I worked on the Hornady ELDM and ELDX first back in Jan 2019. The ELDX out shot the ELDM be a little so stuck with it. It's 59.0 H1000 at 15 thou off, Hornady case, and CCI BR-2 primers. Then the 156 Berger came along so I worked on a load for it. My ladder went to 58.6 of H1000. The 58.6 left a slight ejector mark on the case so I backed down to 58.2 which was in a velocity node to try so groups. At 15 off I found a Sub 1/2 MOA group. So my second load is same cases, same primers, 156 at 15 off over 58.2 of H1000.

And I am using a .294 initial bushing and a .290 final bushing to produce approximately 2 thou of neck tension. If you use different cases your bushing will vary. I am using the Hornady Match Grade die set. It's been good to me do far.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.