6.5 prc brass

Gator 06

Has anyone attempted to resize 300wsm brass to hold .264 bullets. Hornady cant seem to keep up on brass for us reloaders and im not paying double for the other brands.
6.5prc an 300 wsm seem to be pretty close. Any thoughts.

Yeah, you can't do that. The PRC doesn't have a rebated rim. Bertram, ADG, and Gunwerks all carry 6.5prc brass.

Well, you can neck down and neck turn 300 RCM brass, but that would be a huge pita imo. Gunwerks had some in stock, last I checked, and the word is, their brass is ADG.

the 300 rcm is to long you cant just neck it down. 6.5 prc 2.040 , 300rcm 2.110 you would have to use the 338 rcm and use multiple steps and then turn necks

You can actually do it in one pass, trim it, and blow the shoulder back out. That's why I said it was a pita, and not really worth it, imo. I've seen plenty of brass floating around, just have to check random places.

- ADG is out of stock and has a waiting list.
- Gunwerks is out of stock.
Just bought a Bergara Wilderness Ridge in this caliber for Elk season 2021 and didn't know how much of a pita it was going to be to buy or load ammo.

Hornady brass is respectable in this caliber, just takes a little more powder than ADG or Bertram, it doesn't last as many firings, but it'll take 3300fps with 130s a H4831SC in a 29" barrel, and not lose pockets.

Hornady brass is respectable in this caliber, just takes a little more powder than ADG or Bertram, it doesn't last as many firings, but it'll take 3300fps with 130s a H4831SC in a 29" barrel, and not lose pockets.
It's on back order ot waiting list for all the places I checked.
- Brownells
- Midway USA
- Midsouth Shooters
- etc

its a Canadian company so that price is probably in Canadian dollars. the exchange rate might make it worth it if they can ship to the US.
contact them and check

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.