6.5 prc brass discussion

bowhunter1287

Brentm and jgs8163 where we left off
What is PE? On bolt
New brass .525
Fired brass .528
Fired re sized .526
Chamber .532
I did change bolt handles and put a lift kit in the bolts but was head spaced with all that installed

I think running his bolt in his wife's rig will tell us immediately if it's a chamber issue and doing the same with his wife's Bolt being run in his rig. Checking head space of course before doing.

@bowhunter1287 you should start a different thread about this and tag myself and @BrentM as to not derail this thread too much.
Did that work right?

PE is measured off the PE ramp free space to the action. If it is greater that .050 - .080 then it needs to be shimmed. Usually OEM spec is fine but people like to spif up the actions and change the bolt handle. I have seen several of those cause issues, increasing the free space, and then PE is a big issue, especially on hot loads.
What is PE?

So I read up on the PE and I will definitely look into that and measure both bolts pull back on the extraction and I could see not pulling it far enough back once it starts getting warm

What would be the best fix if I didn't have enough extraction buff off the top of the bolt so handle can slide forward more?

I want to say thanks for your guys thoughts when I just came across the chamber size issue that's what I thought I was running into I still want to ream the chamber. But I will definitely measure the PE in the morning on how much it is cuz it does make sense that could be this problem to not in seat the brass

Hey bud. Check this thread out. I think this will answer your question on how to fix.

This one has even more detail.