• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5 PRC BRASS AT OPTIC PLANET

RED MIST

If I recall correctly, there's a thread on Rokslide of all the problems folks have had with Optics Planet. They conveniently charge your card at the time of order and then nothing shows up until much later, if at all. Sounds like they have basically no inventory and order from their suppliers when they get your order. I avoid them entirely.

If I recall correctly, there's a thread on Rokslide of all the problems folks have had with Optics Planet. They conveniently charge your card at the time of order and then nothing shows up until much later, if at all. Sounds like they have basically no inventory and order from their suppliers when they get your order. I avoid them entirely.
Agreed but the problem is that they will show hard to get items in stock when really, they are not in stock at all. Mine was 7SAUM match dies and they showed in stock so I ordered them. After a month, my barrel came back chambered and no dies. Midway ran a sale on Redding 7SAUM dies that I missed and then I got ****ed. Went online and cancelled my order a bought them from Midway, of course I was too late for the sale but I got what I needed. Never again will I waste my time with Optics Planet. Especially when there is several other companies out here that have been my go to. I spend a bunch of money on reloading, guns, gun parts and optics every year and someone will take my money that serves my needs better for sure. One man's 20 or 30 grand may not seem like much but from what I have read, it is a bunch of people's hard earned money that is starting to go elsewhere.

Dang. I passed up 2 boxes of 6.5PRC yesterday. How badly are people needing them?
I don't load for koolaid calibers.
I bought a box a week ago, put it up for what I paid and it was gone in 3 minutes. Still, I don't have the time to continue with that (as I sit on my arse and type on a forum....).

Darn, I can't buy, beg, borrow, or steal a box of 6.5 PRC ammo! I bought a CA 6.5 PRC a couple of months ago and the only ammo is the high $$$ cutom loaded stuff. I did find some brass finally, though.
I also have gone through the Optics Planet "in-stock" will ship in 6-8 weeks. Didn't take long to cancel that order either.

I'm done with optics planet.
Me too! I just cancelled an order with them for the last time. All said "in stock" and after weeks still hadn't shipped. Can't recall a single order that was ever positive with them. The ones that did finally ship had issues with the order being wrong.

Unsubscribed from emails as well. Good riddance.

Last edited:
I ordered some brass in Nov that was on sale and waited 3-4 weeks. I received an email in December that said mid February. Needless to say I cancelled. I have never received anything from them in a timely manner. I will not do business with them again.

Dang. I passed up 2 boxes of 6.5PRC yesterday. How badly are people needing them?
I don't load for koolaid calibers.
I bought a box a week ago, put it up for what I paid and it was gone in 3 minutes. Still, I don't have the time to continue with that (as I sit on my arse and type on a forum....).
"Kool aid Calibers" ?