6.5 PRC bolt click?

I have the same issue with 7 saum in adg. I wonder their 6.5 rsaum die will work with the proper bushing?

I just realized I have some 6.5 PRC dies from Bullet Central on the shelf. Bullet Central is making the dies for my 300 Norma Improved rifles. I don't get bolt click with the 300 norma improved and a 245 gr berger until over 3100 fps.

As far as the 7 saum goes they could probably open up the neck/shoulder diameter of their 6.5 saum die enough for your 7 saum. Either that or your local gunsmith could.

I just realized I have some 6.5 PRC dies from Bullet Central on the shelf. Bullet Central is making the dies for my 300 Norma Improved rifles. I don't get bolt click with the 300 norma improved and a 245 gr berger until over 3100 fps.

As far as the 7 saum goes they could probably open up the neck/shoulder diameter of their 6.5 saum die enough for your 7 saum. Either that or your local gunsmith could.

I will check with them on Monday, thanks.

I just loaded #2 on some hornady. I'll test it next week. Using my Redding, same dies I got clicks with at 3-4.

What's the spec on bullet central dies?

8417D7DB-842F-40AE-976A-59FFCE07A3C0.jpeg

The 65 PRC.

I expect this to occur, but it is of little consequence.

A hot cartridge with pressures well over 60K psi to 63K psi (some data has pressures up to 65K psi). Cartridge head measures .532 and case body is same. Cartridge base & body is .222 square inches, with high pressures of 63K psi plus increased thrust is exerted on bolt face causing more resistance to opening bolt. Upon multiple firings brass head expands with increased resistance to extraction, like "click" upon completion of primary extraction (just popped loose).

Small base dies for 6.5 PRC?

The 65 PRC.

I expect this to occur, but it is of little consequence.

A hot cartridge with pressures well over 60K psi to 63K psi (some data has pressures up to 65K psi). Cartridge head measures .532 and case body is same. Cartridge base & body is .222 square inches, with high pressures of 63K psi plus increased thrust is exerted on bolt face causing more resistance to opening bolt. Upon multiple firings brass head expands with increased resistance to extraction, like "click" upon completion of primary extraction (just popped loose).

Small base dies for 6.5 PRC?
Correct or ream the base to a larger dimension. So far it's the only 2 ways to address it I am aware of. I have the aw2 reamer and the die. Been using the die with excellent success.

Just guessing - a reamer to provide a larger diameter at the base of the chamber & a die to provide more compression to reduce brass diameter at base of brass. Sounds like some sort of small base die combined with a chamber modification?

Just guessing - a reamer to provide a larger diameter at the base of the chamber & a die to provide more compression to reduce brass diameter at base of brass. Sounds like some sort of small base die combined with a chamber modification?
The AW2 reamer is all you need, once that is done all works fine, no need to use a small base die. I had my last barrel done that way, worked great. But I'm impatient, summers are short here!

One or the other. Not both. I got the die before the reamer was developed and people jumped on the prc wagon. I got the reamer later not knowing the die would work or not long term.