6.5 PRC 2020 Donation Rifle

Weatherby Fan

Every year my gunsmith Gary (GEF) Flach and I build a lightweight rifle to donate to the Wild Sheep Society of B.C. to raffle off at their Convention in March to raise funds in support of Wild Sheep, PLEASE NOTE TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE CONVENTION

The rifle is built in the Memory of Dave "BiG Bore" Marsh, if any of you belong to Sheep Hunting on Facebook he was the founder of that Forum, RIP Buddy, you are missed but not forgotten.

I buy the parts and drop them off to the magician and poof out pops another masterpiece from Garys Bench, this year is no exception as the rifle turned out so good and Kimber was so taken with our build they decided to bring out a similar model built on the 84M action Kimber Open Range Pro Carbon !!

This years rifle is a 6.5 PRC built on a Kimber Montana 8400 (WSM donor), Action trued and squared, trigger set at 2.5lbs, charcoal pewter gunkote on all metal surfaces, 22" Hells Canyon Armoury Carbon Fiber wrapped (Benchmark) barrel, Garys custom brake added
The stock has a palm swell and high comb added to the Montana stock and a cool paint job Gary created, the rifle has Talleys holding a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 BRH scope.

I was able to get to the range with the rifle and with factory ammo it did not disappoint, it loved the factory Hornady 143gr ELDX ammo,

2 shots to zero, a quick cleaning and the first group was ok then after a scope adjustment and good cleaning it shot much better.

the 3rd group

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts