6.5 prc 147 gr for black bear

I've seen black bears killed with 222. Rem (highly didn't recommend it but the guy shot anyways) to 338 win mags. I personally wouldn't hesitate to use my 260. Rem 140HVLD or 140gr accubonds!!

147 ELD-M's are a great hunting bullet.
I've killed 3 bucks and two bulls with them so far, 2 bucks were under 100 yards and in that case the bullets over expanded like a Berger.
I've had them expand perfectly between 350-940 yards, but would not recommend them inside of 200 yards

147 ELD-M's are a great hunting bullet.
I've killed 3 bucks and two bulls with them so far, 2 bucks were under 100 yards and in that case the bullets over expanded like a Berger.
I've had them expand perfectly between 350-940 yards, but would not recommend them inside of 200 yards

My non expansion on small deer was with the 180 eldm . Maybe that bullet was too much.

Again it was perfect on elk

Thanks

My non expansion on small deer was with the 180 eldm . Maybe that bullet was too much.

Again it was perfect on elk

Thanks
I've had even better terminal performance with the 180 ELD-M.
Here's last years Muley shot at 430 yards with that bullet , impact velocity was 2400 fps. Insides were carnage with huge exit hole.
20181108_083844.jpg

I've had even better terminal performance with the 180 ELD-M.
Here's last years Muley shot at 430 yards with that bullet , impact velocity was 2400 fps. Insides were carnage with huge exit hole.
View attachment 123587
I'm hoping to whack something with the 180 eld this season. I know the 140 eld and 162 eld really tear crap up

Well I've seen 2 shot out of trees with a .44 Mag. pistol and both were dead when they hit the ground. So a 6.5 with the right bullet and reasonable range should work.

Yep more than enough for black bear. Guys I know use .243 all the time. This fall I'm taking my 300 blk for black bear.
Gonna try and have my load worked up for the new 101 hammers. I currently shoot the 100 leg cutting edge. Killed lots of stuff with those but the hammer seem to be doing better. So 6.5 is plenty.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.