6.5 new weatherby cartrige

I built mine on a salvaged 700 action with a Hart 1/8 barrel. I'm getting 3120 out of the Berger 156's without any signs of pressure. That's enough energy to be lethal on elk out past 800.

I built mine on a salvaged 700 action with a Hart 1/8 barrel. I'm getting 3120 out of the Berger 156's without any signs of pressure. That's enough energy to be lethal on elk out past 800.

That doesn't bode well for Adam's new cartridge if it's on clearance already. Didn't see a need for it as they already had 6.5-300. Don't like his new stock designs either. Doesn't look like a Weatherby.
I went with the RPM because I felt the 6.5-300 and the 26 Nosler were just too over-bore and would therefore be too hard on barrels, and frankly, not as handy. I also liked the idea of having the RPM in a slender action to save weight and easier to carry. Weatherby's new RPM offering for this year is supposed to be in 338, so more brass in that line will be manufactured and hopefully others will recognize what a wonderfully balanced case the extended 284 Win really is and we'll have options other than the Wby brass. If not, I'll be shooting mine as long as I'm able. Love it!

I went with the RPM because I felt the 6.5-300 and the 26 Nosler were just too over-bore and would therefore be too hard on barrels, and frankly, not as handy. I also liked the idea of having the RPM in a slender action to save weight and easier to carry. Weatherby's new RPM offering for this year is supposed to be in 338, so more brass in that line will be manufactured and hopefully others will recognize what a wonderfully balanced case the extended 284 Win really is and we'll have options other than the Wby brass. If not, I'll be shooting mine as long as I'm able. Love it!
Plus it's standard bolt face