6.5 max in Tikka

huntfish7mm

I've got a tikka 270 wsm that I'm wanting to turn into a 6.5 max. What's everyone using for bottom metal/mag that I can load the 156grn Berger's into the lands? It will have a 26" 1-8 twist proof sendero light. How are the Sherman rental reamers? Thanks! If anyone has any kill photos or experience with the 6.5 max and 156 Berger's or any other bullets let's see it! I'm really excited for this build

Hells canyon armory has bottom metal and magazines. You can use the magazines with factory bottom metal or he has drop in replacement bottom metal. Im not sure what bolt stop the wsm comes with but you need long action bolt stop

Hells canyon armory has bottom metal and magazines. You can use the magazines with factory bottom metal or he has drop in replacement bottom metal. Im not sure what bolt stop the wsm comes with but you need long action bolt stop
It comes with the short bolt stop. Easy to mill it down

I have a tikka 6.5 max. I have two variations of which I use it in:
1- Mesa Precision altitude stock, factory bottom metal and a hells canyon billet mag
2- xlr element Tikka long action chassis using mdt 3.54 mags
Runs great in both setups. I have a long action bolt stop installed.

I have a tikka 6.5 max. I have two variations of which I use it in:
1- Mesa Precision altitude stock, factory bottom metal and a hells canyon billet mag
2- xlr element Tikka long action chassis using mdt 3.54 mags
Runs great in both setups. I have a long action bolt stop installed.
This is awesome, thanks for the info.
I have a Tikka 7mmRM I picked up crazy cheap because of a bent barrel( funny story, but don't want to derail thread). It involved a rather large wife and a husband who bought it without permission.
I want to build a poor mans switch barrel in two of Sherman's offerings.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.