6.5 hunting bullet alternatives

Slim13

Need some ideas on an alternatives to Berger VLD's and Nosler Accubond LR's since both seem to be unobtainable. I have 500 of the 140 hunting VLD's on the way whenever Midsouth gets them back in stock but I have an early season rifle Anterless-Elk hunt coming up August 1st. Does anyone have a suggestion For an alternative that's actually available?

Thanks!
Slim

Need some ideas on an alternatives to Berger VLD's and Nosler Accubond LR's since both seem to be unobtainable. I have 500 of the 140 hunting VLD's on the way whenever Midsouth gets them back in stock but I have an early season rifle Anterless-Elk hunt coming up August 1st. Does anyone have a suggestion For an alternative that's actually available?

Thanks!
Slim
Slim I have a full box of 142 Nosler AB and part of a box 160 Matrix VLD
If they would work for send me a phone number

If your plan is to shoot inside 800, then the 140gr Accubond will do all you need.
This is what I started with way back when they first appeared for serious long range hunting. Prior to this I was banging steel at 800 with the 140gr BT's, didn't take any game beyond around 680 with them, and they performed very well at that distance on small fallow deer.

I have used the 142gr ABLR quite successfully now, it performs better for me than Bergers do.

Cheers.
:)

Bought some 140 accubonds online. Shots on this hunt should top out around 500.

Short case you're awesome. Thanks for the generous offer!

Thanks!
Slim
The Hornady Interbond is back in Production and is an awfully hard bullet to beat performance wise.

After decades of shooting everything else when the interbonds became unobtainable I was pretty desperate. I started shooting the Peregrine VRG and VLR's when I was in Africa in 2015 and after 3 years of shooting hundreds of critters with them in the .260's and .264wm I pretty well won't shoot anything else.

They hit like a truck, never fail to expand and can never overexpand or blowup. I ran out of them for a while at the end of last season and went back to the interbonds until I could get the next shipment in and remembered why that was my go to bullet for a couple of decades. Fortunately I just got a shipment of a couple of hundred of the VLR 4's and 5's so I am probably set up for the next couple of years but if I do run out, I also have plenty of Interbonds as a backup.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.