• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5 Grendel II Dies

The head spacing is different. Type I has a .125" bolt face depth and Type II is .136" bolt face depth.

Brass and dies are the same only difference is the bolt on a type 1 & 2. 264 LBC dies will also work for the Grendel

The head spacing is different. Type I has a .125" bolt face depth and Type II is .136" bolt face depth.
So, conceivable, a die could size the type I just fine, but leave .010 or so a little fat if you use it in a type II?

The only difference is in headspace location.....the brass is the same, dies the same. The only difference is in a type 2 more of the brass is in the bolt rather than the barrel. As far as reloading goes, there is no difference. Both shoot the same ammo. Set the dies up the same for either and load away. Don't mix type 1 and type 2 barrels or bolts and you'll be fine.

The only difference is in headspace location.....the brass is the same, dies the same. The only difference is in a type 2 more of the brass is in the bolt rather than the barrel. As far as reloading goes, there is no difference. Both shoot the same ammo. Set the dies up the same for either and load away. Don't mix type 1 and type 2 barrels or bolts and you'll be fine.
So the brass goes into the chamber the same distance. The bolt recess is slightly different but wouldn't affect the resizing of the brass. I'm starting to get it. Thanks