6.5 Grendel BullPuP

CA48

I have a friend that is looking for one. He called Kel-Tec about the RDB-C and called K&M about their model 17S and both had the same response. They had no plans to make any and would not do a custom order. Does anyone know of any other company's making semi-auto bullpups in 6.5Grendel? After discussing it with him the last few days I wouldn't mind trying one out either. I really like my 6.5 Grendel pistol.

Check em out.

In my reply I did something that one of my college professors harped on when any question is answered, "Answer it like the person just flew in from outer space and knows nothing about the subject."

Yes I have heard of a Bullpup rifle just not one in 6.5 Grendel caliber.

My friend ended up going with a Ruger AA predator in 6.5 Grendel. He competed in a varmint competition last weekend and took several foxes and coyotes from 10 yds to 200. Overall Hornady black ammo with the 123gr Eld match performed well for him. I got my hands on the kel tec bull pup in .223 and was considering purchasing one until I felt the heavy trigger pull, my guess was around 9-10lbs. That turned me away from it though I'm not sure how hard it would be to modify the trigger or if it's even possible.

Hi all,

I'm new to the Forum, but not to Bullpup rifles. And, I share with others of our sport-shooting community the disappointment that Kel-Tec and K&M Arms will not be producing their respective Bullpup models chambered for the 6.5mm Grendel cartridge, as promised.

A few years ago, I built a Bullpup rifle based on the AR-15 platform, with switch Barrels and Bolts chambered/machined for the 5.56x45mm and 6.5mm Grendel cartridges ---

AR-15 Bullpup.PNG

However, I never did get comfortable with the fact that the AR-15 Bolt face, 0.378" diameter, has to be opened to 0.440" to accept the 6.5mm Grendel cartridge. I was reminded to the cartridge developer's warning, "We shoehorned a bigger cartridge into the gun . . . Add the 6.5mm Grendel geometry, and you are right at the tipping point."

Now, CMMG offers their 6.5mm Grendel Pistol Banshee MKW-15, 12.5" barrel, with their PowerBolt (AR-10 Bolt) ---
CMMG 6.5 Grendel Pistol.GIF

However, in that this model is classified as a Pistol, adding a vertical fore grip can conflict with federal regulations: Can I Add a Vertical Fore Grip to My AR-15 Pistol? < www.guntrustguru.com/can-i-add-a-vertical-fore-grip-to-my-ar-15-pistol.html > I contacted CMMG Tech Support and asked the overall length of the pistol, with the flash hider removed. The answer, "About 27.3 inches, roughly." That overall length allows the owner of the CMMG pistol to attach a vertical grip, legally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.