• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5 Gap 4s (RSAUM) new build - new price

Zhomeguy

Need a mountain rifle? 6.5 GAP 4S with a .120 freebore, Rem 700 receiver body and a David Tubbs bolt assembly with a speed loc small firing pin assembly, straight handle. Manners MCS-T carbon stock with custom paint, 24" long #3 Bartlein with 9/16-24" thread protector. Jewell trigger at 1 lb.
Hawkins Precision BM with Wyatts extended mag well to run those long bullets! 2700$ new build
6810F8F2-D8CC-41EC-950A-794983DE473F.jpeg
E6F6ACA6-2140-49A3-882C-D91E528B89A3.jpeg
42889FA4-C818-4ADC-90B4-7D5F286FFFE3.jpeg

Last edited:
7lbs 4oz if your asking. Got another lighter build in progress, haven't even taken this one out yet, make her yours!

I dont think you can build a custom 700 that's gonna shot this well for less...i'll cover the shipping at this price for anyone interested...

Ive built 4 Gap 4s's n all have been shooters, this one hasnt even been barrel break in yet...

I see the screw in the side of the stock. Does it have the Manners BDL bedding block in the stock?

Last edited:
Does not have the bedding block, that adds too much weight for a mountain rifle. It is a fully bedded action though with a heavy duty lug. Also the BDL bedding blocks are magazine length restricted, you cannot run extended length mag set ups in.

Out of curiosity what is the screw in the stock for that he thought was for the Manners v-block?
I was wondering the same thing. I know that it's common in wood stocks to help give it rigidity & keep them from splitting. I've saw wood stocks with one up front also and some with only the one in rear. But they are usually finish sanded down Chicago screws

Its an early model MCS-T best I could tell, and not previously bedded. When I purchased it off this site, It's been almost 2 years since I finished it and have had quite a few other projects since then, I'll have to pull her apart and do some forensics, I know it doesn't have the bedding block for 2 reasons, I put a Wyatts extended mag box in it and at 7lbs 4oz she is too light to have one, they add almost 12 plus oz with the BDL version.

Got components you'd put toward a sale? Scopes, barrel blanks, or clean receivers???