6.5 creedmore vs 308

So I am probably going to start a fight by saying this. the .308 is sort of good and lots of things but really good at nothing except killing people.

the 6.5 Creedmoor or 260 are really good long range choices because of the speed you can attain that carry your bullet more accurately for longer distances. and, in my opinion, there is plenty of juice left to take care of business at the other end.

having said that, the 308 will be cheaper to shoot. plus, you can buy ammo at Wal-Mart in a pinch. but I always wonder about the Wal-Mart ammo argument because if you are like me, you end up buying 100 rounds at a time for shipping reasons or have enough stuff on hand for reloading that you can put some together.

I originally looked at the ruger Hawkeye varmint target in 6.5 creedmoor. Really like the look and feel of that gun. Should of bought it then and there but wanted to look around before I made a quick decision. If it's still around a think I will pick it up next week. Thanks for all the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.