6.5 Creedmore in a AR-10 Platform Reloading

Hunter01

My question is this are there powders (midrange bing suggested in the Books H-4350, super performance, R-17 ect.) that should not be used in AR- 10 gas operated guns)

My question is this are there powders (midrange bing suggested in the Books H-4350, super performance, R-17 ect.) that should not be used in AR- 10 gas operated guns)
If it's in the book. It's fine to use gas or bolt.

Thanks guys, just trying to be cautious
Stay away from RL17 in a gas gun. It's way too temp sensitive.

Due to the DI system after about 3-4 rounds you will start to see a POI shift due the increase in heat in the chamber. It's so pronounced it even makes a difference how long it sits in the chamber before you fire, as the powder cooks and just keeps getting hotter until you finally ready to fire.

The other Dave
Tempature stabilization is one thing I like in my 223 service rifle loads I use Varget for that and the fact it shoots so well in my gun. I see on here and have bought H4350 supposed to be good for 6.5 is it a tempature sensitive powder? Looking at my book Varget tops out in the 6.5 before reaching the2700 I'd like to start at. Basing this on the FPS listed on the Hornadays match ammo (140grain)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.