6.5 Creedmore flash hole size

Big fan of Norma brass for 6.5CM which uses the large primers. I also have some small primer and large primer Lapua.
I load somewhere above max, and have found more control of velocity with the Norma. Brass life is very good: I retire them at 20 reloads, and lose 4-6/100 cases along the way. I do anneal after each firing.

Big fan of Norma brass for 6.5CM which uses the large primers. I also have some small primer and large primer Lapua.
I load somewhere above max, and have found more control of velocity with the Norma. Brass life is very good: I retire them at 20 reloads, and lose 4-6/100 cases along the way. I do anneal after each firing.

6.5 Creedmoor thread, After reading it I have a question I have about a hundred Lapua small primer brass and wonder if anyone can tell if they are all toast, they have been fired once and deprimed with a universal decapping die with a pin that .069 which I am sure is larger than the small primer flash hole size, so are they ruined & need to be thrown away. Thanks for any advic.

Use them. The good news is that they are all the same, just a bit bigger than original. If your really concerned, you could run the .080" flash hole tool through it to make sure there are no burrs left from depriming, and stand less of a chance of breaking your depriming pin going forward.

Ive used a Mighty Armory magnum decap die for several years now. They sell the small lapua pins. I've never damaged a pin in that die yet. Even enlarged a few flash hole. The die is tough as a tank and can also double as a pocket swage die if you buy the hold down rods. Simple easy change out in seconds and no die adjustment.