6.5 creedmoor vs PRC

Oh ya, I'm waiting for a 7mmPRC as well!!! What was your plan for a case for a 7mmPRC on and for a long or short action? I think necking up the the 6.5prc would yield a good combo but it probably would definitely need to be in a long action. Either way I really want one as long as it's a factory supported ammo chambering, that way if I can't reload for it for some reason I can buy off the shelf stuff. Wife would probably kill me if I bought stuff for another gun but I'd do a remage like setup so I can build it and save some money and maybe squeak by with spending a little over a $1000 and not spend $3,000-$3,700 like what I did for my 6.5PRC.

300 PRC as the parent, long action. Basically it's the LRM without as long a neck. I think the 6.5 PRC needs a little more than short. My chassis is a no binder plate short and I'm doing a shorter throat chamber to try and make that work a little better. The mags in the chassis kind of limit it a bit. ADG has brass 300 PRC on pre-order so quality parent brass is no longer an issue even if the Hornady pieces aren't great. I have some Hornady 300 PRC here that seems good. The reports I have seen on the PRC brass from Hornady is that it has been good, better than some of the other stuff. I really hope they'll do the 7mm introduction as I have a couple of guys that want to do it as well but would prefer factory available ammo. It would be nice to have the standard. I'll be chambering and loading on my own so ultimately doesn't matter that much to me I guess.

I bought a 6.5 PRC and am extremely happy with it. I would not hesitate to use it on elk or moose. I am planning on getting my daughter one when she is old enough. I will load down for her to practice with at the range and hunt to start. Eventually work the loads up.

Hunting gun with some target work, PRC all day!
Target gun with some hunting, creed with its better barrel life and cheaper ammo if you're factory ammo guy.