6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American Predator

I had one, it shot great!! I changed to a Boyd's and started going crazy with possible upgrades.

I starting doing the math, and decided it wasn't built good enough for me to "build" as a daily go to rifle.
So I sold it, got a Savage LRH, and started building it.
Difference in quality feel, but both shared sub Moa accuracy.
Bad part is when I sold it, it was still a Ruger American with several hundred dollars worth of upgrades. It sold for 350$..

IMG_1470.JPG

Picked one up when they became available in the left handed version. It really liked the Norma 130 grain Swift Sirocco factory loads. Shot this group with the really CRAPPY factory trigger set as low as I could get it. I did replace with the Timney and waiting to get it to the range again. Should be even better.

Took 35 rounds to get it to settle down. Also liked the Prime 130 grain ammo (which is also made by Norma with Norma brass and bullets). Shot to the exact same point of aim with each load, just a little more open grouping. Still well under 1 MOA.

Everything shot with my SilencerCo 300 Omega suppressor.

One point, this was the dirtiest factory new rifle I've ever received. It was new as received from Ruger. Don't know why so dirty, but glad I did more than run a bore snake through it before I started shooting it.

Wish MDT made their chassis for this on in a left handed version........

Last edited:
Here is mine. I just painted the stock a few days ago. These are 143 eldx and 140 custom comp with h-4350. Shoots them both into the same group. 4 shots of each at 100

Attachments

• 20180114_195342.jpg
    20180114_195342.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 245
  • 20171217_154144.jpg
    20171217_154144.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 201
I bought a couple Predator 6.5 CMs for my daughter's this year. After a little barrel channel clearing to float the barrel and trigger tuning they both shoot great in factory form. They're perfect for what I need them to do.

I bought one. 1/2 moa to 800 without much load development... am I going to complain for sub $400? No. IF. that is a BIG "IF" you intend to leave it alone and shoot it. My intent was the chassis, ended up with the Boyd's at one because Pacific tool now has aics bottom metal available.

End of the day the stock setup is really difficult to shoot well. You need to really really work at it. Flimsy, poor cheek weld. No ability to preload the bipod.

If you decide to upgrade components there are options, and they don't stink.....it's just there are better platforms. Savage, Tikka. Remington.

Have the same ruger predator 6.5 shoots 140 eld match about 3/4" without much load development. Its my 4th 6.5 and dollar for dollar its pretty amazing.
Will be playing with it more this spring when it warms up a little.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.