6.5 Creedmoor Primers... (Remington 61/2 vs Winchester WSR

Got some real NICE, Peterson Large Rifle, 6.5 Creed. Brass ( and I Love IT ! ),.. BUT, I live in Idaho and it "can" get very, Cold, up here !
I'm NOT wanting, ANY "Hang Fires" or, Miss Fire's that, go along with, Small Primers and COLD, Weather !
F-215's have NEVER Failed me, in my .270 WSM / 7 mm Rem. Mag/ .338 Win Mag. in ANY of the Western States, while hunting Elk from Oct., to Mid December !
So I will only TRUST,.. Large Rifle Primers ( Fed and CCI ), in MY, 6.5 Creedmoor !

Last edited:
You said you are new to reloading - If you do not have a reloading manual yet - get one (or 10). Lots of importnat info as well as references. 0O [ personally use Federal primers.
Thanks for suggestion, and I believe you are correct. I have 3 (4 if you count two Nosler manuals). I was hoping to short circuit a little bit of the research.

Got some real NICE, Peterson Large Rifle, 6.5 Creed. Brass ( and I Love IT ! ),.. BUT, I live in Idaho and it "can" get very, Cold, up here !
I'm NOT wanting, ANY "Hang Fires" or, Miss Fire's that, go along with, Small Primers and COLD, Weather !
F-215's have NEVER Failed me, in my .270 WSM / 7 mm Rem. Mag/ .338 Win Mag. in ANY of the Western States, while hunting Elk from Oct., to Mid December !
So I will only TRUST,.. Large Rifle Primers ( Fed and CCI ), in MY, 6.5 Creedmoor !
Thank you, I too live in Idaho (and have been hunting in VERY (all relative) cold weather, 3 to 7 degrees. I screwed up, I thought the primers in Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor brass were small primers; WRONG!! They are Federal 210 Match primers, according to Hornady. So, I guess I will need to sell my Winchester WSR primers and find some Federal Large Rifle 210's (I have a 1000 of the 210's) or 210M. Oh well, that what you call a "learning curve".

what 6.5 CM uses Small Rifle Primers?
Actually Lapua makes brass in both large and small primer pockets. The test I watched on the computer basically said there is not a performance difference. However, as I stated in another response, I screwed up.. I will need to sell my small rifle primers and find some large rifle primers. Fortunately I do have a 1000 Federal 210 primers and a 1000 CCI#41 primers. I think I can use the 41's in my 300 Blackout and the Federal will work for my 6.5 Creedmoor and my 30-06, not sure what size I will need for my 243.

Send pictures in heels and mini skirt....oh wait....on second thought....PLEASE DONT!!!🤣
Do I wait for you to send your pictures first?? Or is that in reference to the minus 3 to 7 degrees??? Yes, I've seen colder here in Idaho, -12, but that isn't common, and for those of you who see colder, I'm sorry, it's great here in the banana belt......

Oh and for what it worth, last night, while doing an online search for primers etc I found what appears to b a legitimate company located in Canada that had primers in stock. I don't remember their web address since they stated that they don't ship out of Canada. Maybe their website is a scam like so many others, but I don't think so. You might do an online search, you might get lucky.

Thank you, I too live in Idaho (and have been hunting in VERY (all relative) cold weather, 3 to 7 degrees. I screwed up, I thought the primers in Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor brass were small primers; WRONG!! They are Federal 210 Match primers, according to Hornady. So, I guess I will need to sell my Winchester WSR primers and find some Federal Large Rifle 210's (I have a 1000 of the 210's) or 210M. Oh well, that what you call a "learning curve".

Do I wait for you to send your pictures first?? Or is that in reference to the minus 3 to 7 degrees??? Yes, I've seen colder here in Idaho, -12, but that isn't common, and for those of you who see colder, I'm sorry, it's great here in the banana belt......

Oh and for what it worth, last night, while doing an online search for primers etc I found what appears to b a legitimate company located in Canada that had primers in stock. I don't remember their web address since they stated that they don't ship out of Canada. Maybe their website is a scam like so many others, but I don't think so. You might do an online search, you might get lucky.
I have a great supplier for primers...no shortage of those here yet....thank God. Some powders are definitely another story!

That picture response was for dfanonymous by the way...lol

There is a reason SAMMI approved 6.5 CM with LRP. All with SRP are not in spec. just doable cases. Plus they do have an effect on ES / SD.

Last edited: