6.5 Creedmoor Primers... (Remington 61/2 vs Winchester WSR

DB3313

Good Afternoon All,

I need a little help... I'm VERY new to reloading, in other words I'm ignorant about what works and what doesn't.

I have an opportunity to pick up some small rifle primers for a 6.5 Creedmoor, and I will be using a Dillon 550 press. My choices are: Remington 61/2, Winchester WSR or CCI #41, these are all that I'm able to have access to, so any other primer that might be suggested won't work.

Thank you for your suggestions / help.

God Bless,
Duane

Here is what the pro's are using.

Attachments

• 0A2C6BA9-E3E7-46AC-8276-60159F18A3B3.jpeg
    0A2C6BA9-E3E7-46AC-8276-60159F18A3B3.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 419
Good Afternoon All,

I need a little help... I'm VERY new to reloading, in other words I'm ignorant about what works and what doesn't.

I have an opportunity to pick up some small rifle primers for a 6.5 Creedmoor, and I will be using a Dillon 550 press. My choices are: Remington 61/2, Winchester WSR or CCI #41, these are all that I'm able to have access to, so any other primer that might be suggested won't work.

Thank you for your suggestions / help.

God Bless,
Duane
I tested primers for the Creedmoor several years ago. 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 Remingtons, CCI's and Federal 205M's. I didn't try any Winchesters. The Federals were the best, followed by the CCI's. The Remingtons were noticeably the worst. I remember being quite surprised at the difference primers could make on accuracy.

However, these results were from my Bergara. If you're fortunate enough to have access to test, by all means... do your own testing. Good luck in your search for primers.

You said you are new to reloading - If you do not have a reloading manual yet - get one (or 10). Lots of importnat info as well as references. 0O [ personally use Federal primers.

6.5CM Lapua brass can be purchased in small rifle or large rifle primers. I would think others do as well. some say there are several advantages to small rifle primers…
Peterson offers both small and large as well. I have 150 of the small rifle primers, PITA to deprime, had to buy new set of dies with the small deprimer pins.