6.5 creedmoor in RPR

Buddly

so I've bought the RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Quigley Ford Q520 scope set up to shot Hornady precision 143 ELD-X ammo. Just wondering if anyone else was shooting the same set up? By the way I'm not necessarily a long-range shooter more about hunting so I'm very comfortable with the fact that the scope is only set up to shoot out to 1000 yards. Here's a picture of the redical.

Attachments

• B4E9E85A-DEC3-4E23-AF46-31EA49E351B4.jpeg
    B4E9E85A-DEC3-4E23-AF46-31EA49E351B4.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 192
I'm not necessarily a long-range shooter more about hunting so I'm very comfortable with the fact that the scope is only set up to shoot out to 1000 yards.

Up until just a few years ago, it was usually only Palma and 1,000 yard benchrest shooters thought about 1,000 yard rifles. Now, with the advent of F-Class and the Ko2M, everyone thinks about shooting 1,000 yards or even further. One inch groups at 100 yards was the factory standard until the custom rifles started posting sub-1/2" groups and smaller. Now everyone is convinced that they have a 1/4 minute rifle...

1,000 yards is more than sufficient for most of the hunters here in the U.S. unless they intentionally try for the longer shots. There is really only a very small percentage of hunters who can even entertain the idea of harvesting an animal humanely at 1,000 yards. That small percentage spends a lot of time practicing and working on their loads in conjunction with using a particular scope in order to be a successful long range hunter. Most of us limit ourselves by virtue of our personal ability to see and hit what we aim for with regard to bullet placement so as not to exceed what we are capable of performing.

I might have the notion to shoot 1,000 yards when working on a prairie dog town but game animals I hunt have been found in the 400 - 600 yard range. Some situation even closer. A sneaky buck might work his way around you leaving you a 20 yard shot instead of something much longer.

Best.

I have a bdc reticle on a 240wby. To me the reticle is really only useful out to 350? If I have time to range something I can dial it precisely.
If your air density changes from whatever you have the reticle built with for inputs it makes the reticle off much past 500 yards.
Shoot targets at oddball ranges and on different days and you will see what I mean.
Happy shooting

I have a Burris XTR ii 4 X 20 x 50 to put on my RPR and a case of 140 eld-m to shoot . Just waiting until my Dr. Gives me the ok to shoot again.
Just went through Open Heart Surgery at 54 ..very unexpected.

Trust me I'm a very eithical hunter and will not be taking shopped out past anything I could reach. I was just wondering is there anybody else on this site using the same set up I know lots of man shooting the 6.5 use the Q520 Quigley Ford scope. Was just curious with any of them on the site.
I have a Burris XTR ii 4 X 20 x 50 to put on my RPR and a case of 140 eld-m to shoot . Just waiting until my Dr. Gives me the ok to shoot again.
Just went through Open Heart Surgery at 54 ..very unexpected.

Thank you !! I'm getting better everyday !
Blessed to still be here !
Since I hit about 50 I say that every morning. I've been cut on so many times since 85 if I had gotten frequent flier miles for every stitch I'd never have to pay to fly again.

Keep a good attitude and work through your recovery as directed, there's a lot of life yet to be lived.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.