6.5 Creedmoor in a M1A

can I shoot it first?
IF you must lol. I load lots of Creedmoor but none with the powders you have listed. I use W760 and I am running a test on Tuesday with reloader 26. There is a whole thread on reloader 26 with the 6.5 creed. You also shouldn't have any issue getting info on H4350. I bought a ton of H4350 for my creed rifles but was pleased with the results from W760 so I never changed. Any way good luck and be safe.

I have been able to get H4350 working well pretty quickly. Berger VLD hunting .020 off the lands. Worked up to 43.2 getting me to 2840fps. No pressure signs at all. Low SD on the load as well. Normal disclaimers apply - start low and work up.

Using Lapua SRP brass and Federal 205 SRP with Redding Type S dies...low runout on the ammo.

Last edited:
I am wondering about the powder, since the original M-14 was designed for IMR4895, H4895, etc speed powder. You will damage a M1-A (M-14) in .308 Win (7.62x51) using a powder as slow as IMR4350 or H4350. I would be curious if this is also true for this rifle.

Remember that bolt is moving milliseconds after the trigger is pulled. One of the reasons that the M-14, M1-A is so tough on brass.

Good luck

Jerry

I am wondering about the powder, since the original M-14 was designed for IMR4895, H4895, etc speed powder. You will damage a M1-A (M-14) in .308 Win (7.62x51) using a powder as slow as IMR4350 or H4350. I would be curious if this is also true for this rifle.

Remember that bolt is moving milliseconds after the trigger is pulled. One of the reasons that the M-14, M1-A is so tough on brass.

Good luck

Jerry
JM: thanks for info, might start with h4895. Chas

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.