6.5 creedmoor build

chev4x4s1975

im building a custom 6.5creedmoor for compition using a bighorn orgin action criterian varmit barrel thing im stuck on is triggers thinking ether a trigger tech diamond of some sort of bix&andy not sure what one to use any advice in them would be great thanks

What trigger pull weight do you want or like? The Triggertech Diamond is an excellent trigger, however it's overkill if you never plan to set your trigger weight below 1lb. I'd recommend the Triggertech Special if you want your trigger weight between 1-1.5lbs. If you plan to run heavier than 1.5lbs the Primary is the best bang for your buck. The Bix N Andy triggers are really good triggers as well but I don't have any personal experience with them other than dry firing a few around the shop.

I shoot prs, as well as many my friends. Running sub 1# triggers usually turns a guy into a trigger slapper/puller vs a squeezer, crap shooting form. I shoot prs to be a better marksman and better positional shooter to make me a more effective and accurate hunter. Don't build bad habits that will have negative affects on your hunting game. Special with the 1# lowest rating is plenty. I have 4 Diamonds, 5 and specials. I run flat bows in everything. My comp guns are 16-18oz and hunting rifles around 23/25oz.

I now own more trigger techs than I can count. I cannot speak poorly of any of the triggers that you mentioned, just personally prefer the gorgeous feeling of pretty much any trigger tech product that I have ever tried. I don't think you're gonna be disappointed with one if you go that direction.

Last edited:
I'll also add, a Triggertech at 1.5lbs has the most crisp and clean trigger break I've ever felt for a trigger at that weight. They feel much nicer in my opinion than their competitors triggers. To me they feel even lighter than what they're set at.

I'll also add, a Triggertech at 1.5lbs has the most crisp and clean trigger break I've ever felt for a trigger at that weight. They feel much nicer in my opinion than their competitors triggers. To me they feel even lighter than what they're set at.
^^^ This

I've actually had to increase the weight on some of my trigger techs because even with a known pull weight somewhere around 1.5 pounds, it feels much much lighter than that.

I only run the TT Diamonds on all my compatible bolt guns for consistency because my brain is only so large. I personally run them at the weight they come out of the box and have been happy both in long range precision and shorter range hunting applications.

Why do some people say a little over travel is good? Trigger techs have no over travel and the bix will have a little over travel.

Why do some people say a little over travel is good? Trigger techs have no over travel and the bix will have a little over travel.
I would imagine for the same reason people like 2 stage vs single stage triggers. Some want a bit more follow through while others like the click-boom. Really comes down to personal preference and how each individual feels most comfortable and in control of the shooting experience.

Theory is, having a lil over travel will keep the trigger in motion as the bullet is leaving the barrel, rifle undisturbed. No over-travel, the finger press trigger against wall could possibly disturb the rifle prior to bullet exiting muzzle. MAYBE it's possible on a lightweight rig, but not on a heavier rig. It all comes down to your particular flavor. I've got a couple box N Andys with over travel, and a bunch of TT single stages. They all function the same in my use.

Having used most all the usual suspects(TT, Jewel, B&A, Timney), my favorite is the Huber 2-stage, 1.5/2#:pRS/Hunting). I also prefer over-travel in my triggers for hard hold applications.