6.5 Creedmoor build need opinions

Ddwarren

I recently purchased a GA Precision GAP 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor to help a buddy who needed cash. I was blown away by how much of a tack driver it was! Now I think I want to build a bolt gun in 6.5 for the wife to carry so light and accurate is a must. I looked at a cooper raptor ($2900) and it only weighed 6 and a half pounds with the fluted barrel and bolt. For that kind of money I am thinking I could build one with a Proof barrel and other cool stuff.

I am looking for others experiences and opinions and what direction to go. Thanks! Dev

Two years ago I got the Savage Lightweight Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Savage Arms

Rifle was accurate out of the box. Shot both the 140 and 120 Amax factory ammo really well. However, I did not care for the 20" barrel, just personal preference, so I put a 22" barrel from a Model 11 Hunter on it and all is well! Like it a lot. Got it for $800 tax-n-all. Would I buy one again? Definitely.

I just had a Creedmoor made up on a Mod 7 (factory synthetic stock pillar bedded) with a #2 Shilen , made up at 26",and a muzzle brake. I haven't weighed it but it is very slim, trim and balances well. I put a Burris Timberline 4.5x14 on it and it is still very handy. I'm thinking a little Kimber 84M with a Lilja factory contour barrel would be great, a bit expensive though. That little Savage Lady Hunter in Creed ( not sure they make in in Creedmoor, but a LWT barrel would not be that expensive) would be the easiest and available right now. Good luck and Happy Easter!

P>S> Just saw the Savage Light Weight Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor on Gunbroker for about $780. That would work right now, and if she wanted more barrel length later, easily done on a Savage. It would get her shooting the Creed anyhow. It would be a sweety in the woods and general hunting just as it is. I hope you find the Golden Egg in today's Easter Egg Hunt! ha

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.