6.5 creedmoor Ammo

georgiaoutlaw

I just got a savage axis 6.5 creedmoor I'm gonna try hunting with the winchester extreme point 125gr for local whitetails in georgia think they will keep them down

Hit them were you are supposed to and they will work just fine I would try to stay off the shoulder at close ranges 100 and under just put it in the crease

the crease behind the shoulder staying off the shoulder its self that bullet could be pretty explosive at close range could loose alot of meat

.260 130 ELDMs have done well for me to 300 so far.
561E485C-5526-461D-9578-C5B05169D2B8.jpeg

6C7BE81E-E862-4F05-BAE2-C06D6410C8A3.jpeg

E6C29CE0-42DF-4D58-9749-0603C2D06303.jpeg

That's a pretty devastating Bullet how close to 6.5creed and 125gr winchester extreme point that's what I'll be shooting whitetails with in a few weeks

Depends? Those were going about 2,200 fps when they hit and the ELDM has a fairly thin jacket with no bonding. I don't think there was anything but bruising on the far side of either of those. The extreme will probably just blow a nice hole straight through.

ETA those were both central GA deer if that helps.

I've rolled a few with 123 grain SSTs out of my little 6.5 Lapua out to 350. The 125 grain Winchesters should get 'er done!

Hit them were you are supposed to and they will work just fine I would try to stay off the shoulder at close ranges 100 and under just put it in the crease
I agree completely. From the a animals I've seen hit with the 150gr from a 30-06, they are fragile if they encounter bone. Meet damage was a bit high IMHO as well. One deer was not recovered at all but I was not there so I can't comment on shot placement. Just be careful on your POI and you should be fine. I personally like a plan B option that will go through bone and give an exit wound as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.