6.5 Creedmoor AI. What will this start?

The 6.5 Creedmoor may well be my 2nd favorite cartridge on earth. ( 1st is the 458 Win)

But, I have to agree with going with a bigger case if you need 3k /140 gr.

The Creed was designed to be a mild mannered , accurate cartridge.
It excells at that. Its not very hard on throats or barrels or brass when it is kept within its design parameters.
The 6.5 Short RUM , 264 Win mag or a 6.5 Sherman would be what I would try if I needed more velocity.
Thanks

Just use the 260 AI it pushes the Berger 140s to 3000fps easily accurately
And now that it is the ugly stepchild cheaply
Great Mkting kudos for the creed
But really the 6.5 space is crowded with lots of mostly the same thing
Makes for interesting forums

Curious of the question on 6.5x55 AI ..?? What would it do as unimproved case has lots of taper and a long neck that would allow pushing shoulder forward ..

In a short action the easiest way to idle at 3000 fps with a 140 is the 6.5 SST, high quality brass, easy accuracy and feeding in a true short action package, quality dies and no need to buy a reamer.

I recently acquired a Pierce single shot with .264 Obermeyer medium Palma barrel, 28 inches and chambered in 6.5x55 AI. My research indicates nearly identical case capacity as the 6.5-284 with the 6.5x55 fitting comfortably in a short action I should be able to tap the 3k mark with 140 class bullets and some RL26 or H4831SC. The other cool thing is I don't have to be concerned with magazine length, no magazine! It came in a custom F-Class type stock which doesn't fit me at all so I'll sell it, I think it's Bubinga and Hard Rock Maple core. Beautiful stock, just not usable for me. All that to say that there are choices available to create a fast short action 6.5 rifle without losing anything other than factory ammo and in a pinch one could comfortably shoot factory 6.5x55.

I recently acquired a Pierce single shot with .264 Obermeyer medium Palma barrel, 28 inches and chambered in 6.5x55 AI. My research indicates nearly identical case capacity as the 6.5-284 with the 6.5x55 fitting comfortably in a short action I should be able to tap the 3k mark with 140 class bullets and some RL26 or H4831SC. The other cool thing is I don't have to be concerned with magazine length, no magazine! It came in a custom F-Class type stock which doesn't fit me at all so I'll sell it, I think it's Bubinga and Hard Rock Maple core. Beautiful stock, just not usable for me. All that to say that there are choices available to create a fast short action 6.5 rifle without losing anything other than factory ammo and in a pinch one could comfortably shoot factory 6.5x55.
6.5x55 is a great cartridge I have 2 an old long and short Swede. 6.5x55 AI another great cartridge

260 AI and 6.5x55 anything best on long actions so is anything based off a 7x57 case. 284 cases with vld bullets run best in a long action also...learned the hard way on all of these cases.

Call me a "girlie man" but I would be pulling 6.5 CM bullets long before I got to 3000fps. Slick8 got it right.
6.5 PRC or 6.5x284 Norma. Most critters would not notice the extra 150fps. If the extra velocity is for longer range, all the more reason for a PRC. It is more fun to let someone else make your brass so you can spend more time making the shots.

A 6.5 Creedmoor ai would just be that much more awesomeness. I just had this discussion with @ButterBean and I think I have him convinced! lol

On a serious note I thought about this just because we have a rough loose chambered creed.