6.5 creedmoor 85 grain hammer hunter load data?

FrogFire7

Has anybody worked up a load with H4350, or is that too slow? I have a decent supply of that. Also have:

RL15
RL17
Varget
H4895

Any favorites? I saw some load data with RL15 and varget on the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

I've only tested Varget, but then it performed so well, I didn't feel the need to test further. My load data is on the spreadsheet. I ran the other three powders in QL.

Attachments

• 6.5 CM 85 HH RL15.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 6.5 CM 85 HH RL17.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 6.5 CM 85 HH H4895.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 137
Thank you so much!!! 😮😊

Looks like RL-17 might be the way to go, velocity wise.

Working up some loads for my brother. He's never used copper before and I think he's a little skeptical of the light for caliber bullets. Really want to see him get a deer with it this year! Plus he doesn't have a great rangefinder, so these bullets should provide basically hold on shots to pretty much any normal distance we get shots at. Pumped to get a load shooting well for him!!

Last edited:
I hope he doesn't plan on shooting much passed 400yds with that light bullet? It will lose energy fast.

Well, hammers are good down to 1800 fps. But, no. Probably not past 300. He's not a long range guy, that's why I'm trying to maximize his point blank range ☺️. Honestly, our typical shots are probably under 150. Some out to 250. I've only ever shot maybe one deer past that. But we don't set up for long shots, just small drives and small fields mostly where we hunt.

Last edited:
Thank you! Just started load work today with RL-17. My brother has a 20" barrel, but I've gotten it to 3400 fps. No obvious pressure signs but I am going to stop there, I think. Loaded up some rounds, can't wait to see how they group!

Thanks for the follow up! Yeah, I got some loads made up, shot about an inch. I didn't play with different powder charges as we were short on time, and bullets. My brother shot a button buck the first morning. Quartering towards. Entered brisket and clipped off side leg, pass through as expected. He was extremely happy with the bullet performance and also lack of recoil. He isn't hesitant any more about using light bullets if they're hammers 😁