6.5 creedmoor/6.5 prc recoil

I bought a used remmington 700 rmef edition synthetic stock stainless barrel. Nothings been changed since new
The first thing I'd do is ditch the cheap plastic stock and replace it with a good composite or fiberglass. McMillan is a great starting point.

You're not going to get that thing to shoot well without putting quite a lot of work in it trying to stiffen what you have, installing piers, bedding etc.

You'd be better off just starting with a good stock, having it professionally bedded and then start working on any other remaining issues.

6.5 PRC's parent case is the 300RCM, not a SAUM case.
Same basic difference. The .300 RCM is based off the .375 Ruger, which is a .532" bolt face magnum cartridge that Ruger copied the same basic specs as the RUM, Nosler, WSM, SAUM cases that are based off the .404 Jeffery parent case.

Just going on memory here so please correct me if in error but as I recall the 375 Ruger is not based on the 404 Jeffery, tho it does share the .532" bolt face with the RUM's that have rebated rims while the Ruger does not. As I recall the Ruger was a unique configuration unto itself, not rebated yet beltless ... yes, on occasion I have been accused of being somewhat on the OCD side!

I have a Timney trigger that works great! The cheap stock that came on my 700 has given me a lot of trouble, I will be changing it to a more reliable option soon!!

Just going on memory here so please correct me if in error but as I recall the 375 Ruger is not based on the 404 Jeffery, tho it does share the .532" bolt face with the RUM's that have rebated rims while the Ruger does not. As I recall the Ruger was a unique configuration unto itself, not rebated yet beltless ... yes, on occasion I have been accused of being somewhat on the OCD side!

LOL! You are correct Sir! The Hornady-Ruger partnership is an innovation in itself to come up with a modern rifle cartridge design in the market. Rimless design has the same diameter of the belt on belted magnum cases based on the .300/.375 H&H Magnums (not parent cases).

I would look into greyboe stocks or the stockys carbon stocks can be had for good prices. McMillan are good stocks but are pretty spendy worth it but if you can't spend that much check the others I mentioned above.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.