6.5 Creedmoor 140 ELD-M bullet comparisons

Cray7614

Hey guys I have a question. I'm shooting the 140 ELD-M at steel. And I'm wanting to use my creedmoor to hunt with and long range hunt with.

Does anyone know of a 140 grain hunting bullet that would compare to the ELD-M?

I have been whitetail hunting with the ELDM 140 for a while and have had great success. They hit like a hammer and fly like a dart. Not concerned at all to use them as a hunting bullet.

I have been whitetail hunting with the ELDM 140 for a while and have had great success. They hit like a hammer and fly like a dart. Not concerned at all to use them as a hunting bullet.
Thanks for the input that's really what I will be hunting, and that's the thing I was worried about was them being used as a hunting bullet

ELDX has shot same POI and velocity as the ELDM in the three rifles I've tried them in

The ELD-X comes only in 143 not 140 though and that's what I'm trying to stay with...

Cray7614 what Stk was trying to say is that he feels the 143 is a ballistic twin to the 140. He said they shoot the same so changing should not be an issue for you, You should give the 143 a try and see if they work for you. The 3 grains of extra weight won't make a difference. In fact I think load data is the same forboth bullets.

If it's deer and smaller, just go hunt with them, they'll be fine. On a side note, I've found the 143 and 147 to be much closer in outside measurements but differ in internal construction

I load 42.0 grains of H4350 for the ELDx 143gr. and it is very accurate out of my rifle. It is literally the only bullet I've put through the rifle. Can't wait to hunt with it this season.

Why? You get the same POI with either and more energy from the 143?

You probably wouldn't even have to change your load.

The POI is the same for both but I've done some reading on two together and the POI at longer distances tend to change. So I was wanting to see if there was any 140s that would compare before I went to the 143s.

BC on the 140 ELD is .646, BC on the 143 ELDX is .625. BC on a 6.5 140 gr Nosler Partition is .49. You shouldn't be focusing so much on weight. If you want a bullet that will shoot similarly to the 140 ELD, look for one with a similar BC that you can shoot at similar velocities. The ELDX fits that bill. The difference in POI you see at long distance between the ELD and ELDX will be much less pronounced then the difference you might see with another 140 gr.

If you're adamant on moving to another 140, you could try a partition or accubond I suppose. You're going to have to work up a new load though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.