6.5 creedmoor 140 bergers VLD

Sykes

Recently picked up a Christensen Arms Ridgline in 6.5 creedmoor. I settled on a load it really likes, this thing is super accurate. My question is what is your opinion on this load, it seems like maybe it's too hot but there are no pressure signs that I can read. The Hornady manual lists a max of 41.5 grs H4350 with the 140/143 bullets so I'm just a touch over

6.5 creedmoor
Lapua brass
CCI BR-4 primers
140 berger vld hunting
42.2 grs H 4350
COAL 2.855 giving a .01 jump
2827 FPS with a 24" barrel
SD is 9
ES 32
Using a magneto speed V3

I'm at 8250 feet of elevation and it was 40 degrees the day I shot. I just got the magneto speed, first rifle i used it in was this one. My 6.5-284 wasn't shooting much faster than this load.
Whatcha think??

Thanks

Chris

That doesn't look out of line to me. ES is a little high. I am getting ready to try the exact same combo, except with cci450 primers. The Lapua brass and small primer pocket will hide pressure well though.

Seems fine to me as well. A lot of CMs run more powder than that. If it is shooting well with no signs of pressure, shoot it.

That load looks like a winner to me. That powder charge is probably getting near the top but nothing to be worried about. I also wouldn' get too caught up in ES numbers, I focus more on getting lower SD. Lower your SD and the ES will follow, it's just how statistics work. Your sample size of 13 is robust enough to be fairly confident of true single digits SD so if this load is meeting your accuracy requirements I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

I have the same exact rifle and very close to the exact load data 42.5 grains of H4350 and 130 grain Berger with a velocity of 2880 fps.

I helped a buddy make a similar load, 140eldm, 42.2 of h4350, lapua brass. .05" off the lands. No pressure issues. His is a 22" barrel and it was around 2730fps. I'm surprised by the velocity you're getting. My 6.5(26" barrel) is using 41.8 h4350 and 143eldx at 2739fps. I've verified mine to 1k

That seems really fast. I shoot 42.4 with Hornady brass and CCI 200 primers. Using 140 Elite Hunters I think I'm around 2750. I got that number from tweaking my Shooter App to match actual impact out to 1100 yards. I gave up trying to input chrono data......Seems to never match real world.

I've been watching this thread and am torn between "no pressure problems" and the velocity SAAMI says a 140 gr bullet should be out of a 6.5 CM, ( 2690 fps ).

There is another recent thread on here asking for what guys are getting from a 24" creedmoor . This load is right in there but I posted because I felt it was maybe a little hot and wanted some opinions of more experience guys than me. Surely .7 gr more than what's published in the hornady manual isn't that far out of line. I thought maybe the magneto speed was off but it's showing velocity of factory ammo for my 28 Nosler to be a little slower than listed on the box. 6.5-284 is running right were it should be too.