6.5 Creedmoor 130 gr Accubond Help

MT257

Does anyone have any load data or expeirience with 130gr accubonds and IMR 4451 IMR4166 H100v or Superformance? Any help would be much appreciated!

8B1C47C0-2D00-480A-83D9-BD4D8A8E9FB5.jpeg

Reason I picked those powders is cause h4350 is very hard to come by. I knew Nosler had data for 100v just curious for any actual results from others using any of those powders.

Mark that is my thread there. Question with those quickloads are can you just start using them with out having fired brass? I had started to dive into the quickload sticky thread they had addressing all questions

Mark that is my thread there. Question with those quickloads are can you just start using them with out having fired brass? I had started to dive into the quickload sticky thread they had addressing all questions
I do. I just adjust to speed shown, start with something in the 52-54 kpsi range and work up load with good chrono. When your at predicted speed you will be close to predicted pressures (even if it takes a bit less or more powder to reach predicted speeds).

Then when I have fired brass just check with chrono to see if speed changed due to fired brass and adjust loads accordingly. Case capacities in the 40 grain powder class will not change much if any from fired to unfired brass if brass is consistent.

If this is a new barrel keep an eye on speeds periodically. As most barrels tend to speed up at somewhere between 100 and 150 rounds normally. If speed is increased so is pressure. I had to come down 1 grain with H4350 in .260 Rem with 130AB at about 130 shots. Was cleaning barrel bout 30 shot intervals and keeping eye on speeds. In my .260 best seating depth with the 130AB was found at 70 thou off lands.

Yes the gun is new and I currently have some factory ammo I am working on firing just cause it was cheaper to buy loaded ammo rather than buying just brass.

I've been getting really good accuracy with 4451. Not shooting the AB but 130 VLDs and 39.0 grains is money in my rifle. So maybe try 38-39.5 range and see how it goes for you.

+1 on the RL16. Getting about 100 FPS better than 4451. Not holes through holes but .5-.6 groups but in a hunting load that's plenty accurate for me and I prefer the extra velocity.

I loaded up 140 VLD with RL26 just to tinker. The Berger manual has the 135s at almost 3000 FPS and their data is usually very conservative. It's fun to play with I'm excited to see how that one goes.

Good luck!

H4350 works good in one of my 6.5x47's with the 130 Accubond. Really hammers the deer. But so does the 130 Berger hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.