6.5 Creed no penetration

I have used Barnes for 30 years and never lost an animal. Over 100 taken and only 2 required a 2nd shot.

50' to 350 yards they always work.

Usually always. I'm not trying to say it's a bad bullet. I shot Partition's for 25 years and they always worked too so long as I did my part. But we didn't do our part correctly on this one and were extremely lucky we found this buck. The scenario did in fact shed light on shortcomings of monometals, which I learned from.

20201016_151358.jpg

Anyone know any ammo makers who load Hammers for 7mm WSM?

Steve from Hammer Bullets just got this going recently:

Stay safe

So last year we'll before hunting season came in I bought my oldest son a 6.5 creedmoor. Shot it on and off all summer. Got to know the gun pretty well . Shoots the 120 gr ballistic tips better than everything else we tried factory ammo wise . Haven't started handloading for it yet. Waiting for him to get all ylthe nosler amp shot up for the brass.
Last year he killed two decent sized deer with it just older does probably 3-4 years old nice sized. Penetration was good enough on both deer entrance and nice fist sized exits . Today was our youth hunt and just as the op described not the best shot right in the paunch . Deer took a step as he'd shot . Instant drop but not dead . Bullet went in caliber size and bloodshot the other side but didn't exit.
Now granted the 120 gr ballistic tip is by no means a very hard bullet at all. Not even going to pretend it is . And said deer was full of corn and acorns and grass so quite a bit of resistance for sure . With that being said I'd seen the youngest son make an ooppps shot also with the 260 rem with the same bullet pushed just a touch faster and it looked like that poor deer had been gutted by a train. With an exit . Where as the creedmoor definitely made a mess it wasn't as bad but no exit

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.