6.5 CM GO TO LOAD

147 eldm .020" off lands
Lapua brass
w/ small rifle primer CCI BR-4
42gr R16

.3s out to 1000 yards.
This was 1005 yards. 5 shots.
Reloder 16 is straight up magic pixie dust in the Creedmoor.

With 143gr ELD-Xs I have had excellent results finding nodes somewhere between 42 and 43 grains in 3 different rifles, <.5MOA and single digit SDs and ES in the low teens in every case. Velocities were 100-150fps faster than comparable loads of H4350.

*DISCLAIMER* 43gr is right at MAX saami pressure per quickload and they start to get pretty heavily compressed above 42.5gr so DO NOT recommend going above that, I got cratered primers (CCI 450M) pretty consistently if I pushed past 43gr in all 3 rifles. Seriously, DONT DO IT.

41.5 gr of h4350 gives me 1/2 moa and 2725fps in my Mesa long range. Hornady brass and 143 eld-x.

H4350 and a 210M was the original hornady load printed on the box. I think it was 41.5 gr or thereabouts. If your creed wont shoot that sell it. Now R26 has been a game changer. Berger has the only published data with a 135 classic at 2977. I think with the 140's you can safely get 2900 or slightly more depending on your rifle. I ran a test with the 140 eldm and got to 3000 with no obvious signs of pressure although I suspect that is over saami. This summer I am going to see how long the primer pockets will last at the upper end.

I use 43.2 of H4350, Lapua SRP, Fed 205, and 140 VLDs. I originally got 2850 out of it but it sped up to 2880 a few hundred rounds in. It is a super accurate load and not finicky at all.

Just wanted to share some load data that may help someone out. I've found this load to shoot sub moa to below 1/2 moa in 6 different rifles now. It's a very safe, middle of the road, load. I've shot it through different length barrels and still the same result. So hopefully this could give someone a good starting point if loading this caliber. I'm sure there are others shooting the same load as well. It's also been a very good hunting load for me.

143gn Hornady ELDX
40.5gn H4350
Hornady Brass
Federal 210 primers
I will have to check the OAL, but I started loading it based on the OAL of the Hornady Precision Hunter factory loads.
I have 3 more you can add to that list with that load. That's the load I use when I chamber and thread a new barrel to see if I did it right. There are other loads that are tailor made for individual rifles that may make a bug holer out of them but I've seen this load posted more times than any other.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.