6.5 CM can you use small rifle magnum primers?

I confirm... I had in the past.. some issues with slow burning powder for my 6.5 cm using regular large primer.... now I just use magnum large primer in all.my reload. ( I know.. I know we are talking about small primer... but I guess the " issues " was the same..lol.. .. us I'm a poor hunter I can't afford to buy new small.primer shells for my creedmoor...
I am also a poor hunter after buying reloading components. Never owned a 6.5 till now. And thus my wallet went dry again finding availability of components. As they say buy once cry once. Your even lucky to find factory ammo in lighter bullets for hunting

there's a guy here who asked me if I wanted a couple of pounds 30 bucks each with shipping. I think if you start a thread he'll respond.

reloader 17 works really well for me for the lighter bullets.
I loaded up 4-3shot sets in .3 grain increments with the 103 gr eldx and superP in my 6cm
Also did it with my 6.5 and 143 gr eldx with SP.

I thought was odd that Hornady listed rl 26 and rl 22 as viable powders....along with 16 and 17
I'm going to load some bullets after I burn my factory ammo that has large rifle primers and compare them to the same weight charges and bullet weight I loaded with the small primers. Then I'll compare the same to small magnum

Recently I purchased a lot of small primer in the 6.5 CM lapua brass. I was also doing some research on the hammer hunting bullets. I read the small primer gives a better SD and if read correctly a magnum primer is approved for better ignition. My question is to separate fact from fiction from the experts here. My rifle is a stock Tikka 24 inch barrel with 1-8 twist. Can you use a small magnum rifle primer with the powders listed in reloading manuals and if so are there any problems I could face with the twist rate I have.
I currently want to load the hornady 95 gr v max and 123 gr sst bullets I have. I also am wanting to purchase some hammer bullets or Barnes for to load for my hunting rounds. Thanks in advance.
I am using the same brass in my creed. Fed GM205M, and CCI 450's are virtually identical, (I tested them and Rem 7.5's) The Remington's are hotter, did not see much change in velocity, however pressure was significantly higher. These were identical loads only change was the primer.

Just shot a PRS match in pretty cold temps 8-15F with brutal wind chill w/RL16-Fed GM205M's. No issues at all.

PH

I am using the same brass in my creed. Fed GM205M, and CCI 450's are virtually identical, (I tested them and Rem 7.5's) The Remington's are hotter, did not see much change in velocity, however pressure was significantly higher. These were identical loads only change was the primer.

Just shot a PRS match in pretty cold temps 8-15F with brutal wind chill w/RL16-Fed GM205M's. No issues at all.

PH
prs match...can/will you brief me about how that kind of match operates? I'm interested, but have little idea whats all involved.

prs match...can/will you brief me about how that kind of match operates? I'm interested, but have little idea whats all involved.
Multiple stages of multiple steel targets at different ranges that you engage, with one to 3 shots each. Stage time is 2 minutes from standing, and round count is typically 8-12 shots per stage. Closest target on this shoot was 388yds, longest was 1,100 something. One stage goes off the fastest time with most hits as a tie breaker (on the shoot I did). Total scores are legal hits. It is difficult to say the least, but a lot of fun!

PH

Multiple stages of multiple steel targets at different ranges that you engage, with one to 3 shots each. Stage time is 2 minutes from standing, and round count is typically 8-12 shots per stage. Closest target on this shoot was 388yds, longest was 1,100 something. One stage goes off the fastest time with most hits as a tie breaker (on the shoot I did). Total scores are legal hits. It is difficult to say the least, but a lot of fun!

PH
I'm guessing the distances aren't given. fo you shoot prone or off a bench. are there any weight or caliber restrictions?

I'm guessing the distances aren't given. fo you shoot prone or off a bench. are there any weight or caliber restrictions?
Distances are given, but you need to verify. One stage was off significantly. No benches you have to make your position when the clock starts, some you can go prone some you cannot. Quite a few were bag under rifle ahead of mag-no rear support. Look up some matches on you tube and you can see. The shoot I went to was mostly natural terrain.

Distances are given, but you need to verify. One stage was off significantly. No benches you have to make your position when the clock starts, some you can go prone some you cannot. Quite a few were bag under rifle ahead of mag-no rear support. Look up some matches on you tube and you can see. The shoot I went to was mostly natural terrain.
thanks for info. looks intruiging!

Recently I purchased a lot of small primer in the 6.5 CM lapua brass. I was also doing some research on the hammer hunting bullets. I read the small primer gives a better SD and if read correctly a magnum primer is approved for better ignition. My question is to separate fact from fiction from the experts here. My rifle is a stock Tikka 24 inch barrel with 1-8 twist. Can you use a small magnum rifle primer with the powders listed in reloading manuals and if so are there any problems I could face with the twist rate I have.
I currently want to load the hornady 95 gr v max and 123 gr sst bullets I have. I also am wanting to purchase some hammer bullets or Barnes for to load for my hunting rounds. Thanks in advance.
As soon as I got my SRP Lapua brass I went to the CCI 450s and never looked back. Works perfect and everyone else I know who has them has had them use the same.

depending on what brand of SR you use...
This is great info!

Any pics of standard CCI 400 sm rifle primers?? Those pics tell the story, I guess now Im wondering how much spark is "enough" ?? I don't know the answer to that. Im getting good ES/SD, its a 22" BA Barrel on an AR10 so Im losing some velocity due to that but its been consistent at 2700 FPS with 130 VLD's.

there's a guy here who asked me if I wanted a couple of pounds 30 bucks each with shipping. I think if you start a thread he'll respond.
and i think you'll get ripped off so fast you won't know what day it is
2] $30 a pound doesn't even cover hazmat fees which is required for shipping powder