6.5 CM can you use small rifle magnum primers?

Recently I purchased a lot of small primer in the 6.5 CM lapua brass. I was also doing some research on the hammer hunting bullets. I read the small primer gives a better SD and if read correctly a magnum primer is approved for better ignition. My question is to separate fact from fiction from the experts here. My rifle is a stock Tikka 24 inch barrel with 1-8 twist. Can you use a small magnum rifle primer with the powders listed in reloading manuals and if so are there any problems I could face with the twist rate I have.
I currently want to load the hornady 95 gr v max and 123 gr sst bullets I have. I also am wanting to purchase some hammer bullets or Barnes for to load for my hunting rounds. Thanks in advance.
I didn't need to purchase new brass..... 2 weeks ago at the range I helped out few hunters to sight in.. and some of them had 6.5 CM . after they had fun they thanked giving me all their brass.. and by my surprise.. was all federal with small primer pocket.. I reload them with my to go recipe . the shoot even a little more precise... yes u can..

SRP work just fine in my 6mm & 6.5 Creedmoors - shooting at temps over 35 deg. Dime sized groups with 6.5 CM using 140's with 41.5 - 42.0 grains of H4350, SW4350, & RL16. Same results with 47 grains R-S Hunter & 120's in 6.5. Same results in 6mm CM with 87's & 44.5 gr. StaBall. Lapua knew what worked when they designed the 6.5X47 Lapua (SRP). Use magnum SRP's with thicker cups for higher pressures.