6.5 cal 140 gr Barnes Match Burners gel test

MTbackwoods

LRH Sponsor
Don't know if people on here are super familiar with Simplemindedfella on YouTube or not but he has a lot of great content on a plethora of different bullets. I recently sent him some 140 gr Match Burners to test and he found the performance to be near identical to Bergers. I wanted to post something here so people can check out the video and draw their own conclusions. But I can find the Barnes all over the place. Bergers are near impossible. So maybe it's worth making the switch for some people? At least for the time being. Happy shooting

I just saw that video today, and was very happy someone tested the Match Burners. Thanks for doing everyone the favor of sending to him.

I just saw that video today, and was very happy someone tested the Match Burners. Thanks for doing everyone the favor of sending to him.
My reasons were purely selfish. The Barnes were all I could find for months so I bought 300. Now I know what to expect if I don't use my ELDM's I just acquired. But I asked him if he'd test some other 7mm bullets I have and one more I want to buy. So we'll see. I wanna see if I can talk him into getting on the forum and reaching more people with his content

The 140 burners shoot very well in a lot of people's experience. I picked up a pile of the 145s. They have a lot more bc, but are far less forgiving. I did a seating depth test in my long throat 6.5x284 they other day, best they shot was 115k off the lands.

My buddy sent me 50 last week to try out in my 6.5 prc, I was going to look and see if anyone was using them on game. Don't think I'll have any ready to try this season being low on components.

Recent Posts