6.5 BULLETS FOR ELK?

samson

Good Morning, I am trying to figure out which bullet to use for ELK. I have shot the 143 ELDX, 156 BERGER and the 140 GMX. For those that have experience, Id like to get some opinions. This bullet will be shot from a 6.5 PRC. and ranges from 100 to 700 yards. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Good Morning, I am trying to figure out which bullet to use for ELK. I have shot the 143 ELDX, 156 BERGER and the 140 GMX. For those that have experience, Id like to get some opinions. This bullet will be shot from a 6.5 PRC. and ranges from 100 to 700 yards. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Take a look at the hammer hunter line of bullets I would think you are probably shooting a 7 twist if that is the case the 137 is a tremendous bullet if it is a 7.5 twist the 131 is great also

Take a look at the hammer hunter line of bullets I would think you are probably shooting a 7 twist if that is the case the 137 is a tremendous bullet if it is a 7.5 twist the 131 is great also
I don't know if the 156 will stabilize in an 8 twist I think it would be borderline may work great wont know till you try

156 will stabilize just fine in a 1:8 twist unless it's a really short barrel or going really slow.

Of those 3 choices, the 156 EOL is the best option. The 140 Accubond/Partition and/or 120 Etip/Hammer/mono is another good option. Just run the ballistics and keep your shots inside the optimal range for a particular load.

156 will stabilize just fine in a 1:8 twist unless it's a really short barrel or going really slow.

Of those 3 choices, the 156 EOL is the best option. The 140 Accubond/Partition is another good option.
Good to know thanks for the info.

Hi Samson, did you like the 140 gmx? What sort of results did you get and on what game? Havent found that much info on these yet... thanks for your feedback.. kind regards jules