6.5 BULLETS FOR ELK?

I think I am in the minority here but really look at the woodliegh bondeds. A 140 is in the .500 G1 range and they are real bullets. expand to 2x and drive through. Bones or not. They also make a 160 in the 6.5

If I had a dollar for every story where someone had made the "perfect shot" but didn't recover the animal, I'd have plenty of extra cash in my pocket!

To many people take bad shots expecting good results and instead of blaming themselves, they blame the equipment.

142 grain Controlled Chaos Bullets DOES EVERYTHING A BERGER DOES BUT COMES OUT THE OTHER SIDE. BMF's. I used berger for a long time but when it comes to killing these are a better bullet. Hunting thick areas with no blood trail is no fun and berger just don't come out very often. I have also used hammer dead blow bullets also a good bullet, but the chaos does more damage... Any bullet placed perfectly will kill chaos makes up for the bad shots.

Good Morning, I am trying to figure out which bullet to use for ELK. I have shot the 143 ELDX, 156 BERGER and the 140 GMX. For those that have experience, Id like to get some opinions. This bullet will be shot from a 6.5 PRC. and ranges from 100 to 700 yards. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
140 gr accubond would be hard to beat for elk out to that range. Decent BC, generally great accuracy, decent speed, no real fouling issues, great consistent expansion and energy transfer at long range and still great retained weight and penetration at close range impacts. Still, these are 6.5mm bullets, a texas heart shot may not be the best choice on elk……😳😉

Recent Posts