6.5 bullet suggestion

Haven't started reloading the creedmoor yet won't be long though . However my youngest sons 260 shoots 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips very very well with a dose of imr 4350 behind it . It is not a meat friendly bullet at all.

I saw and have shot several deer over the years and that has to be the least meat friendly combination I've seen yet. Shoots very well just not game friendly

Haven't started reloading the creedmoor yet won't be long though . However my youngest sons 260 shoots 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips very very well with a dose of imr 4350 behind it . It is not a meat friendly bullet at all.

I saw and have shot several deer over the years and that has to be the least meat friendly combination I've seen yet. Shoots very well just not game friendly
Don't shoot the deer in the shoulder, rump or back, and you are good.

so I'm going to reload some range/practice ammo for my daughters 6.5cm rifle

I'm looking for an "easy to find accuracy" bullet for practice at the range on paper and for steel

what bullet has given you good accuracy and was easy/quick to find the load for? the more time we can spend practicing at the range the better so I hope to not have to spend lots of time finding an accurate load.

I know each rifle is different but usually there seems to be a pattern with these things

I would prefer a "less expensive" bullet as these will be for practice for her and we don't need "premium" at this time-- a "dual purpose" target/hunting bullet would be nice but not necessary as I will most likely load up some HH bullets for her hunting loads

as far as powder, I have RL16 and varget, but I know H4350 is very popular too and available at my LGS

what have been your "easy to load" bullets for this cartridge?
I've had really good velocity and accuracy results with H4350 and Superformance.

143 ELDX is what I shoot if I hunt with my 6.5 CM ( doe for meat) but shoot BT's at range have shot them to 600yds in 2" groups . I would hunt with them but they do not exit at the speeds I run them in other calibers at close range copper is to thin or soft but group easily

I'm looking for an "easy to find accuracy" bullet for practice at the range on paper and for steel

what bullet has given you good accuracy and was easy/quick to find the load for? the more time we can spend practicing at the range the better so I hope to not have to spend lots of time finding an accurate load.

I know each rifle is different but usually there seems to be a pattern with these things

I would prefer a "less expensive" bullet as these will be for practice for her and we don't need "premium" at this time-- a "dual purpose" target/hunting bullet would be nice but not necessary as I will most likely load up some HH bullets for her hunting loads

as far as powder, I have RL16 and varget, but I know H4350 is very popular too and available at my LGS

140 berger hybrids. H4350
R19 works too

I was thinking 140 fmj bt if she is just plinking / practice its close to the 147 in weight with out the extra price and from 100 yards to 600 yards it works . You should defiantly be able to group them close enough to call it a good day at the range . then is any day at the range not a good day at the range ? not to mention for around 58 cents you could if you needed to get them online .

270wsm -
My nephews shoot all summer with Nosler ballistic Tips because they usually shoot good in any thing that resembles a rifle. I let them use them the last several years on big Mule deer. Do seem quite meat friendly but they hit em in the lungs.

Last edited:
140 gr Berger vld, 40.6 gr IMR4451 good for me H4350 also a good choice, Sierra also shoots well and are cheaper. every gun has what it likes, not all are the same

Hi u didn't. Specified the caliber.. But if is a Creedmoor I find an easy to load. Very precise and not expensive bullet. Which is the nosler 140gn custom competition with rl 17 at 41.4 gn whit velocities. Around 2700 fps. ( this is my inexpensive reload for my 6.5 Creedmoor.. For the rl 16 in the Alliant site u should find some answer... Sometimes I find answers on YouTube lol!!!View attachment 135400
wp_ss_20180411_0009.png
wp_ss_20180411_0009.png

FB -
Very true Sierras are indeed shooters. I was trying to point out that for Nosler loaders/users Ballistic Points usually are forgiving and save time before next bullet choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.