6.5 build ideas.

oldfamily

Got 2 Krieger barrels that don't know what I really want to build on. One is a 5plus 1 in 7 twist and the other is a m24 5r 1 in 8 twist. Already have a creed and have a 260 ackley, and have several long actions and short action remingtons. Thinking of maybe a 26 nosler, just want something that adds a little more than what I already got, not be close to or equal to.

Any specific purposes that you could fill with a new 6.5? Maybe if there were a niche to fill, it would help define what the rifle could be?

A 26 Nosler would be fun to play with.

Got 2 Krieger barrels that don't know what I really want to build on. One is a 5plus 1 in 7 twist and the other is a m24 5r 1 in 8 twist. Already have a creed and have a 260 ackley, and have several long actions and short action remingtons. Thinking of maybe a 26 nosler, just want something that adds a little more than what I already got, not be close to or equal to.
6.5x284 Norma!

I do reload for everything that I have. Want something that is a jump up from what I have currently. Getting 3020 fps with my 260 ackley and have looked at the 6.5x284 just don't see anything that I don't have already. I have both long and short actions for builds, and not worried about making a short action cartridge on a long action. THE 6.5 X 300 Weatherby would not do anything my stw will not do so don't really see the point. Bolt faces can be opened up if needed and I have just about every kind of powder that would work for these rifles. Rifle would be used for just about anything I wanted to do with it, and I hunt out of a blind so don't really care if it is heavy or not.

Have you looked at the Sherman lineup? The shorts have ADG brass available. You will need a magnum bolt face for these. I have a LA 6.5 Sherman based on the 270 Win. With a max load of N570 it drives a 140 Berger at 3339 FPS out of a 28" Hart.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.